Annapurna Base Camp Trek (14 days)
Annapurna Base Camp trek is very popular trekking package with full of amazing landscape, diverse culture and series of beautiful mountain peaks. Annapurna is a range of white Himalayas in the western region of Nepal, north-west of Kaski District. The Himalaya range is famous for trekking in Nepal. Annapurna Base Camp is in the Heart of this range which is found after the trek beginning from Pokhara valley toward the hills and terraces of Modi Khola via Dhampus or Birethanti, Ghandruk and Chhomrong the indigenous peoples’ habitat with full of culture. This trek is famous by saying the Annapurna Base Camp Trek among the nature lovers. While approaching Annapurna Base Camp one needs to overlap to the Base camp of Mt. Machhapuchhre (The Fishtail). Annapurna trekking adventure is a unique, famous and wonderful experience for the trekkers both by cultural and natural point of view.
The Annapurna and Machhapuchhre base camps are established for the purpose of climbing up to the summit of the famous Himalayan peaks Annapurna South and Machhapuchhre using the route of Annapurna Base Camp Trekking which is also known as Annapurna Sanctuary Trekking. Though, the Machhapuchhare Himal is a virgin peak and is restricted for summit climb, the Base camp is famous for trekkers to experience the classic Himalayan adventure.
Snowy Horizon is assisting you to experience the view of the principal peaks of the western portion of the great Annapurna Himal, including Hiunchuli, Annapurna South, Annapurna 1, Ganagapurna, Annapurna 3 and Machhapuchhare exploring through Annapurna Base camp Trekking. These mountains are arranged almost precisely in a circle about ten miles in diameter with a deep glacier-covered amphitheater at the center. From this glacier basin, the Modi Khola knifes its way south in a narrow gorge. Further south, the gorge opens up into a wide and fertile valley, the domain of the Gurungs an indigenous community of Nepal.
Annapurna Base Camp Trekking route ascends through picturesque and cultural villages to the center of the Annapurna range offering dramatic mountain scenery. Standing in the middle of the Sanctuary, surrounded by towering snowy peaks ranging between 6000-8000m, is a truly awe-inspiring experience through the Trek. The Annapurna Sanctuary trek offers the sunrise and sunset with magical as you watch the sun dance on the peaks. The maximum altitude reached on this trek is 4,400m which is on the Annapurna Base Camp. The trail up is often steep and the Sanctuary trek is perhaps one of the more challenging of the teahouse treks. If you allow the time to ascend at your own pace this trek is open to the moderately fit. The trek could be arranged and scheduled for 8 days up to 12 days excluding Kathmandu and Pokhara valley which should be allowed to complete this trek with extra days for exploring the Base Camps and for alternative routes down, for example via Ghorepani, Poonhill and the Hot Springs of Tatopani in Myagdi district.
When we were in Nepal in 2008 for island peak climbing Mr. Rishi was with us as our Expedition Manager. We are really proud with him that this times to found him as a Managing Director of Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition.
We would like to thank Mr Rishi for this incredible experience, we highly recommend his company and guide who would link to Use any Mountaineering activities in Nepal...Read More
Itinerary Details of Annapurna Base Camp Trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (914m.) which takes approximately six hours. You can also fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara, which takes about 25 minutes.
Day 03: Trek from Pokhara (915 m.) to Nayapool (1050m.) by car which takes approximately one and half-hours drive. Now you begin your trek from Nayapul (1050m.) to Tikhedunga (1577 m.) via Birethanti (1065m.) which takes approximately four and half hours.
Day 04: Trek from Tikhedunga to Ghorepani (2675 m.) and it takes approximately six hours.
Day 05: Trek from Ghorepani to Poon Hill (3180m.) to Tadapani (2675m.) which takes approximately five and half hours. Early morning trip to Poon Hill (3232m.) to enjoy the sunrise view over Mt. Dhaulagiri, Tukuche Peak, Nilgiri , Varaha Shikhar , Mt. Annapurna I , Annapurna South , Annapurna III, Machapuchere, Annapurna IV, Annapurna II , Lamjung Himal and other numerous snowcapped mountain peaks.
Day 06: Trek from Tadapani to Chhomrong (2040 m.) which takes approximately four hours.
Day 07: Trek from Chhomrong to Bamboo (2340m.) and it takes approximately five hours.
Day 08: Trek from Bamboo to Deurali (3230m.) which takes approximately five hours. You trek gently ascend through bamboo forests with varieties of rhododendron and oak trees.
Day 09: Trek from Deurali to Annapurna Base Camp (4170 m.) via Machapuchere Base Camp (3820m.) and it takes approximately four hours.
Day 10: Trek from Annapurna Base Camp to Dovan (2630m.) which takes approximately five hours. It's much easier going down
Day 11: Trek from Dovan to Jhinudanda (1750m.) and it takes about six hours. The path is descent up to Bamboo passing through forests with varieties of rhododendron, oaks and bamboo plants.
Day 12: Trek from Jhinudanda to Pothana (1600m.) which takes about five hours.
Day 13: Trek from Pothana to Dhampus Phedi and it takes approximately three hours and drive from Phedi to Pokhara by car,which takes about 30 min.
Day 14: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist mini bus that takes about seven hours. You can also fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu which takes about 25 minutes .Overnight at Hotel
Day 15: Full Day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley (DurbarSquare, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath) and Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 16: Final departure ,or alternative Join other activities
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the Annapurna Base Camp trek depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport .
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek.
- Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)
- TIMS card(Trekking Information Management System) Permit
- Necessary staff during the trekking period With Experience Guide and Porter.
- 20 Kg Luggage free Per Person during the trekking.
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- An Experienced Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- One nights Hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast
- English speaking Tour guide for Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour by private car / van.
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- National Park entry fee and royalty (for off the beaten Trail and wilderness area) where we need special permit.
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Annapurna Base camp trek?