Bheri River Rafting
The Bheri River flows from Dolpo district. Its two tributaries the Thuli and Sani join at Ramnaghat to form the main Bheri River. To reach Bheri river trip you have options between taking a one-and-a-half-hour flight to Nepalgunj from Kathmandu or a 627 km long journey by road or you can travel by bus which takes about 20 hours. The drive itself is a unique experience winding up through the Siwalik hills and passing through local villages. A remote and easy river, beautiful scenery, good fishing, unspoilt villages, interesting local peoples. Blue water, good white beaches and fine campsites. After you take off your flight then start driving from Samjhighat. Next day after breakfast you will start your adventure down the Bheri River. The first section of the river is quite rough with twisted bend creating many exciting rapids. On third day you pass through a narrow gorge section with vertical cliffs of 200-300 feet on either side interspersed with open valley where there are small villages. The final Day on the river still holds several but exciting rapids to be encountered. The return bus journey to Kathmandu is about twenty hours. Alternative returns would be via the Bardia national park which is located nearby or bus to Nepalganj (2 hours) and fly to Kathmandu from there.
When we were in Nepal in 2008 for island peak climbing Mr. Rishi was with us as our Expedition Manager. We are really proud with him that this times to found him as a Managing Director of Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition.
We would like to thank Mr Rishi for this incredible experience, we highly recommend his company and guide .....Read More
Itinerary Details of Bheri River Rafting
Day 01: Drive or fly from Kathmandu to Nepalgunj. Then drive to starting point Samjhi ghat. over night at Samjhi Ghat on Tent
Day02: in Second day we raft from Samjhighat to Kumalgaon: After breakfast we break campsite and starts on our expedition down on the Bheri. Just 20 minutes after we start, we encounter our first big rapid, one of many to come. The Bheri itself is so remote that it remains a relatively unexplored river of west Nepal. Overnight at Kumsalgaon on tent
Day 03: in Third day we raft from Kumalgaon to Jamu Very exciting section gives way to a narrow gorge section with vertical cliffs of 200-300 feet on either side interspersed with open valley where there are small villages. This area is generally scenic but here too white-water in encountered. Over night at camp side in Jamu.
Day 04: in Forth day we continue rafting from Jamu to Bardia National Park the final Day on the river still holds a few surprises with several but exciting rapids to be encountered. After an hour’s float we arrive at the confluence of the Bheri River and The Karnali River. In last night you will relax and enjoy in the Bardia National Park.
Day 05: After breakfast drive from Bardia National park to Kathmandu Transfer to Hotel.
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This rafting can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport .
- Full board Accommodation of Tent camp in Twin Sharing Bases during the Rafting
- Surface Transportation (From and After)
- Meals, Western and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River rafting Permit for Bheri river
- Necessary equipment as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles,
- all Necessary safety and medical equipment(Guide, Helpers, Cook etc)
- Tented accommodation in beautiful river beach with camp fire
- Safety Kayak for rescue in River
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Expedition elements include professional guides and leadership
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Hotel Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot shower.
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Hotel accommodations & meals at if you stay anywhere at the hotel during whole trip
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.