Bird Watching in Nepal
Nepal is known as the paradise of enormous varieties of birds. Total about 873 species i.e. almost 10% of the world's recorded species are found in Nepal during different seasons within different regions. Among 873, within the Kathmandu valley alone, over 500 species of birds have been recorded. The surrounding hills offer a varied ecology ranging from primary and secondary forests to rhododendron, oak and pine forests. In addition, the wetlands and open fields inside the valley make up a diverse habitat for many species of birds. Besides surrounding Kathmandu, the National parks of Nepal's Tarai Region are the different nests of most of the species of birds in Nepal. Nepal, though small in its size, has all kinds of habitats for birds-wetlands, lakes, tropical and subtropical forests, coniferous and Himalayan habitats.
Snowy Horizon organizes and offers the most interesting bird watching itineraries and packages to our bird lover clients from around the word. The bird watching spots that we offer to nature and bird lovers within Kathmandu are Phulchoki, Godavari, Nagarjun, Bagmati River, and Taudaha and so on. The most popular bird watching spot is the Phulchoki hill, the highest peak on the Valley rim situated 20 km South East of Kathmandu, with some 265 species recorded to date. The birds to be seen in Phulchoki included babblers, warblers, tits, thrushes, minivets, woodpeckers, eagles and many migrant birds. Godavari, at the foot of Phulchoki hill where the Royal Botanical Garden is situated, records over 100 species of birds including the lesser racket-tailed, drongo, Tibetan siskin and the spotted fork tail. We arrange the bird watching trip in Nepal where you will see different species of the birds including the National Bird as pheasant (Daphne).
We have been promoting bird watching trip in Nepal with much interest and vigor to the people of wildlife and birding interest. Other than surrounding of Kathmandu valley, we have been working as a bird watching trip organizer in Chitwan National Park, Bardia National Park, Sagarmatha National park, Koshi Tappu Reserves and Sukla Phanta Reserves, etc. We have spent more than a decade in wildlife tourism and have extensively lead bird watching trips in various parts of Nepal with the merge of our client's interest.
Get your Binoculars and look forward to a rewarding experience with Snowy Horizon Bird Watching Trip in Nepal. Outside Kathmandu Valley East to west all over around Nepal, from 75 meters elevations to Worlds highest Peak Mt. Everest (8848), the life of birds gives anyone worth to visit the areas! Your dreams come true after your Nepal Bird Watching Trip with Snowy Horizon.
Poon Hill trip with a difference 13 February 2011
I have climbed many mountains and travelled many exotic destinations. This was one of my most memorable experiences ever. While working in Kathmandu Rishi organized the trip to Poon Hill. The trip to Poon Hill as such is not a big deal nowadays with easy access to the trailhead by public transport and numerous facilities along the trek. No surprise as it is probably one of the .....Read More
Itinerary Details of Bird watching Tour
Day 01:Day 01: Arrival in the Kathmandu Airport, transfer to hotel.(1340M)
Day 02: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley. The major attractions are the medieval palaces, temples, Buddhist Stupas, monasteries and courtyards, all with intricate wood, metal and stone works. The places of interest are Pashupatinath Temple, Boudhanath Stupa, Bhaktapur and Kathmandu Durbar Square. Dinner will be served in the hotel.
Day 03: Today, we take early drive to Godavari Botanical Garden. On the way, we will visit Patan Durbar Square, Krishna Temple and Golden Temple. Check in hotel and after refreshment, bird watching trip in Godavari Botanical Garden.
Day 04: After breakfast, leave with lunch pack and hike up the Phoolchowki Hill. Full day birding. In the evening, return to Kathmandu.
Day 05: Today we go for birding in Nagarjun Forest and Shivapuri Watershed and Wildlife Reserve. Return to hotel in Kathmandu.
Day 06: We take early drive to Chitwan National Park and check in the resort. In the afternoon, we go to Tharu Village. Rest in a hotel.
Day 07: Today, we spend the full day for birding in different vegetations of the park, from wetlands to grasslands to Sal forest. Overnight in bungalow
Day 08: From Chitwan, we move to Koshi Tappu Wildlife Reserve. Full day birding trip. Overnight in bungalow.
Day 09: Drive back to Kathmandu. We go for shopping in the afternoon.
Day 10:Final departure, alternatively, join other activities.
Cost for the Trip:
- The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport.
- 06 Night Hotel in Kathmandu with B/B basic
- Transportation by private vehicle(Bus, Car ,Ven) as per Itinerary
- Group medical supplies (First Aid kit )
- A Full Day Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour.
- 1/2 Days Full board package in Godabari
- 2/3 Days Full Board in Chitwan National park
- 1/2 days full board package in Koshi tappu
- Escorted English speaking tour guide
- All necessary monument entrance fee
- All meal in National Park at Chitwan and koshi tappu
- Farewell Dinner before departure.
- Our service charges
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before Departue.
- Hotel Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic beverages, Nepal visa fee & Personal nature expenses
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Hotel in Kathmandu US$ 35 per person on B/B Basis
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rules that How to Book Nepal Trip?