Bungy Jumping in Nepal
Bungy jumping as legend goes was dreamed-up in New Zealand by New Zealand ‘Evel Knievel’ AJ Hackett Bungy. And owning Kiwis reputation of crazy adventure lovers it is probably true.
Why bungy jumping?
There is no good reason for it. It is another thrill. It is scary and exciting. It is usually done in beautiful mountainous scenery. So why not?
It has arrived to Nepal and there is an absolutely beautiful setup in Last Resort on the bridge over a stunning gorge near the border with Tibet. Naturally it was designed by New Zealand bungy jumping consultants and it is claimed to be mishap-proof. Let’s hope so, as the operating agency takes the operation and the safety very seriously.
When we were in Nepal in 2008 for island peak climbing Mr. Rishi was with us as our Expedition Manager. We are really proud with him that this times to found him as a Managing Director of Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition.
We would like to thank Mr Rishi for this incredible experience, we highly recommend his company and guide .....Read More
- Less than 3 hours outside Kathmandu by Ultimate Bungy Shuttle. You will travel the Arniko (Kathmandu/Lhasa) Highway to within 12km of the Tibet Border and the famous Friendship Bridge .
- Ultimate Bungy Nepal takes place on a 166m wide steel suspension bridge over the Bhoti Kosi River.
Swiss designed, specially for bungee jumping with a 4x safety factor. The bridge has a loading factor of 250kg per running meter. This means that the bridge will hold 250 x 166 = 41,500kg or 4.5 tonnes. And... those are Swiss measurements! * Over 6000 meters of steel wire was used to build the bridge Longest suspension bridge in Nepal * The bridge joins two sides of a great valley. Before its construction, locals walked five hours to cross this river gorge.
- This bungy jump in Nepal, if not the most spectacular on the Planet, it would undoubtedly be one of the most spectacular. The 500ft (160m) drop into the Bhote Koshi River gorge on the Nepal/Tibet Border is the longest free fall in the world. So if this does not excite you, nothing else will.
- If you have ailments not compatible with this activity you are advised not to try it, and more you will not be allowed to do it.
Persons suffering any of the following ailments will not be permitted to Bungy Jump:
- Heart disease epilepsy,
- High blood pressure,
- Addiction to alcohol or drugs,
- Orthopaedic problems,
- Neurological problems.
Cost for the Trip:
- $100.00 per person for other nationality
- $110.00 for Israel Nationality per person
- Surface Transportation (Kathmandu-Bungee Jumping place-Kathmandu).
- Lunch in The last Resort.
- Short training guiding
- Bungee Jumping charge
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- T-shirt and Video recording CD
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Bungy Jumping in Nepal?