Chulu West (6419m) Peak Climbing
Chulu West Peak Climbing with the height of 6419m is one of the most challenging peak climbing adventure with real and serious experience in Nepal for below 6500er. Due to the technical nature The Chulu West Peak Climbing requires sufficient previous climbing experiences. The climbers needs to have working knowledge of using basic climbing gear such as crampons on snow and ice, using both fixed and dynamic ropes while climbing. Naturally, for the climb of Chulu West Peak a high level of physical fitness of the climber is also required as the route contains technical components of rocks and ice.
The view from the summit of Chulu West Peak is thrilling adventure climbing experience of lifetime with Himalayan panorama with wilds of Tibet to the north. Chulu West Climbing Peak is located in Annapurna Region just above the Manang village. The peak is totally caped by snow and ice. The view from the summit of Chulu West Peak is stunning with Annapurna Range including Fishtail, all Annapurna peaks from I-V, Gangapurna and Dhaulagiri to the south and magnificent views of Mt. Manaslu in Nepal side.
We organize special climbing training course on which you will learn and practice with our experienced climbing Sherpa guide on the techniques and practical use of crampons, ice axe, rope etc to boost the required skills and built confidence which ensure you to have safe and successful climbing experience to the Chulu West Peak in Nepal Himalayas.
We the Snowy Horizon, organize Chulu West Peak climbing trip in combination with Round Annapurna Trekking (Throng La Pass). Chulu West Peak Climbing is suitable to the experienced trekkers and amateur climbers as said above who wish to summit the demanding trekking peak climbing in Annapurna, Nepal.
Approach to Base Camp
The trek starts at at Basi Sahar, after 7hrs of scenic drive from Kathmandu, with subtropical vegetation and reaches high altitude meadows and past the Thorong Pass in Muktinath village we will experience Tibetan type of cultures and architecture. So altogether this is probably the most diverse climbing trek in Nepal from cultural and nature aspects as well as the diversity of activities.
The trek follows Marsyangdi River Valley from Basi Sahar to Manang. We will take the trek through Upper Pisang and in village of Ngawal we take the trek North to the Chulu west Base Camp (4950m) 6.5km away with 950m of elevation gain along Julu Khola River.
Our standard trek ends in Jomsom from where we fly out to Pokhara cutting short the Annapurna Circuit and missing the Kali Gandaki Valley. We offer the option to continue along the Kali Gandaki Valley to Beni Bazar for those, who have extra 4 days and enough energy. For clients with limited time it is possible to fly out from Manang.
The approach to Chulu west normal route vis North ridge is from the village of Latar ( 28°46'37.78"N 83°58'22.26"E) located at 4500m 1km from Thorung Phedi. After crossing the bridge below the village, the approach follows switchback path and ridge to the base camp at 5600m. The climb is done from the camp along north ridge of Chulu West.
Summit day will be a very long and strenuous having to cover 12km from C1 to the summit and return to the Base Camp with total elevation gain of 1400m and elevation loss of 2300m.
Naya Kanga Peak Climbing 07th March-2011
I planned to climb Naya Kanga Peak in March and Snowy Horizon helped me a lot - I got a great guide who has done an impressive List of ascents of high mountains. He was a real fighter when it came to struggle against a hell lot of snow - yet we had to give in before reaching the High Camp. Anyway, this hasn't been the fault of anybody involved. I had a good time, felt safe and secure and can recommend Snowy Horizon to anybody who looks for a challenge in Nepal Himalaya. I would like to many thanks Mr. Rishi Bhandari and his company working team.... .Read More
Chulu West Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and Hotel transfer;
Day 02: Scenic drive 7hrs from Kathmandu to Besi Sahar (823m). We will stop several times during the trip to try some local cuisine; teahouse accommodation orcamping at Bhulbhule
Day 03: Trek 6hrs from Besi Sahar to Bahundanda (1305m); Before Bahundanda we catch glimpses of Manaslu; teahouse accommodation or camping
Day 04: Trek 6hrs from Bahundanda to Chyamche (1430m) along subtropical sections of Marsyangdi River Valley; teahouse accommodation or camping
Day 05: Trek 6hrs from Chyamche (1410m.) to Dharapani (1860m); teahouse accommodation or camping
Day 06: Trek 6hrs from Dharapani to Chame (2670m); teahouse accommodation or camping.
Day 07: Trek 5hrs from Chame to Upper Pisang (3100m),; teahouse accommodation or camping.
Day 08: Trek 5hrs from Upper Pisang to Manang (3352m); teahouse accommodation or camping.
Day 09: Acclimatization and rest in Manang; explore the village and local attractions.
Day 10: Trek 6hrs from Manang to Lather (4250m.) ; camping
Day 11: Trek 6hrs from Lather to Chulu West base camp (4950m); tent camp
Day 12: Trek from base camp to High Camp (5600m); camping
Day 13: We do acclimatize here if we feel uncomfortable. If we feel well, we are going to attempt the summit (6419m); camping
Day 14: This is our scheduled summit day; from the summit we will return to the Base Camp; camping
Day 15: We trek from Chulu west Base Camp to Lather (4500m.); Tea house accommodation or camping.
Day 16: Trek 6hrs from Lather, to Thorong Phedi (4450m); teahouse accommodation or camping.
Day 17: Trek 7hrs from Trong Phedi to Muktinath (3800m) via Thorong-La pass (5,416m); teahouse accommodation or camping.
Day 18: Trek 5hrs from Muktinath to Jomsom via Kagbeni(2895m); teahouse accommodation or camping.
Day 19: you take 20mins flight from Jomsom to Pokhara; hotel accommodation.
Day 20: We take 7hrs scenic drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu. We will stop several times during the trip to try some local cuisine; alternatively there is 25mins flight available from Pokhara to Kathmandu; hotel accommodation.
Day 21: free and explore day in Kathmandu; Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 22: Transfer to the airport for final departure, or alternative join other activities
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern, which we provide you. This Climbing/Expedition itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities (service) could be deducted and additional activities (service) could be added as per mutual understanding.
- Please Read Our Conditions: How to Book Chulu west Peak Climbing?
Price For the Trip:
- The cost of the peak/mountain Expedition depend group size, Category of the trip (full board / base camp Service), your desire (budget), Duration of the trip, categories of Hotel accommodation (budget to 5 star) in Capital city and parts of mountain, Climbing service above the base camp, the number of climbing guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer will direct affect and same peak/ mountain climbing expedition can be higher and lower prices.
- For those reason Please mail us for up to date prices for Chulu West Peak Climbing
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Snowy Horizon’s representative while arriving and departing.
- 4 Nights accommodations at 3/4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- 1 Nights accommodations at 3/4 Star hotels in Pokhara on B/B basis.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhnath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
Private Tourist vehicles will be available for transportation as per Itinerary.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 30kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the peak.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Climbing permit for Chulu West peak (6,419m).
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing Period as per the size of group.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.)
- Our service Charges
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators. Though Snowy will provide the same, usage of Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators will be charged extra
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” SECTION