Dhaulagiri Round (Circuit) Trek- 20 days
Mt. Dhaulagiri with the altitude of 8167m is the seventh highest Himalayan peak in the world. Dhaulagiri literally means "white mountain" which justifies a magnificent peak rising as a giant shoulder of shining ice and snow, though many mountains over the world have names, which translate to White Mountain; this is without doubt the most astonishing one. Dhaulagiri was first discovered in 1808, and it was thought to be the highest mountain in the world for westerners. It was assumed the highest peak for 30 years before its place was taken by Mt. Kanchenjunga.
Dhaulagiri is one of the most popular 8000m Peaks for climbing in the Himalayas which lies north – west of Pokhara culminating to its highest point at the eastern end. Dhaulagiri is also almost unique in the world in terms of its rise above local terrain where it rises to 7000m over the Kali Gandaki gorge to the south east in about 30 km of aerial distance. In fact, Kali Gandaki is dramatic as two 8000ers, Annapurna I and Dhaulagiri both stand near the river facing each other over a deep valley.
The Dhaulagiri Circuit Trekking is one of a strenuous trek, great adventure circuit through high alpine pastures, higher passes and serene and uninhabited valleys. Dhaulagiri the western mountain in Nepal probably is the best spot for remote and adventurous trekking in Nepal. The reason behind this argument is that it consists of more than fifteen 7000m magnificent peaks with land of dramatic contrast.
The Dhaulagiri Circuit Trekking route of Snowy Horizon begins after 8-9 hours scenic drive from Kathmandu to Beni via Pokhara and from Beni, the trail head in a north-west direction through the villages of Babia-chour, Dorbang and Darapani to Muri continuous toward north still keeping to the banks of the Myagdi Khola. Muri is the last major settlement along this trail and is inhabited by people of the Magar tribes of Mongoloid stock and descended from the early settlers of the Nepalese middle hills.
In Dhaulagiri Circuit trekking After Muri, the trail leads toward north along the Myagdi Khola through the villages of Baghara, Dorbang and Chartare to Pakoban. Beyond Pakoban there are no permanent settlements. Still heading north the route skirt the Chhanbardan Glacier, keeping on its left side, to reach the Dhaulagiri Base Camp from where magnificent mountain vistas are at experience. By heading north-east from the Base Camp and climb the steep incline to the French Pass (5,360 m) lies between Tukche Peak (6,920 m) and Sita Chuchura (6,611m). Further east you descend a little and pass through a portion of the Hidden Valley and climb to Thapa Pass (5,250 m) lies between Tukche Peak and Thapa Peak (6,012 m) from where the trail begins your descent to the south-east toward Alubari.
From Alubari, the trail further descends to the village of Marpha on the banks of the Kali Gandaki River, and then follows north to Jomsom from where we arrange fly back to Pokhara. If time permitted Snowy Horizon willing to arrange you a holy trip to Muktinath Temple by up and down jeep drive to explore the most popular Hindu Pilgrimage site with an altitude of 3750m.
Snowy Horizon also provides the option for those trekkers who have got enough time and interest to continue the trek down to Kalopani, Tatopani (the Natural hot spring), Beni or Ghorepani then into Pokhara from where you may have options to choose surface or air route to reach in Kathmandu for you returning destination at final.
When we were in Nepal in 2008 for island peak climbing Mr. Rishi was with us as our Expedition Manager. We are really proud with him that this times to found him as a Managing Director of Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition.
We would like to thank Mr Rishi for this incredible experience, we highly recommend his company and guide who would link to Use any Mountaineering activities in Nepal.We were on a trek Annapurna Circuit with Guru Tirpathi as the guide. Guru was very much on top of things right ..........Read More
Itinerary Details of Dhaulagiri Circuit (Round) Trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m)
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Beni (9820m), which takes about eleven hours.
Day 03: Trek from Beni to Babichoaur (950m) and it takes about five hours. You camp overnight.
Day 04: Trek from Babichoaur to Phedi (1100m) which takes about four hours.
Day 05: Trek from Phedi to Phalai Gaun (1810m) and it takes about six hours.
Day 06: Trek from Phalai Gaun to Jugapani and it takes about five hours.
Day 07: Trek from Jugapani to Boghara (2080m) which takes about five hours.
Day 08: Trek from Boghara to Lapche kharka and it takes about four and half hours.
Day 09: Trek from Lapche kharka to Chartare (2820m) which takes almost four and half hours.
Day 10: Trek from Chartare to Pakoban (3585m) and it takes about five hours.
Day 11: Trek from Pakoban to Dhaulagiri Base camp (4750m) which takes six hours.
Day 12: Trek from Dhaulagiri Base camp to French pass (5360m) and it takes about three hours.
Day 13: Walk five hours from French pass and camp on 4915m.
Day 14: After crossing 4915m pass trek to Yak kharka (4500m) which takes about five hours.
Day 15: Trek from Yak kharka to Marpha (2667m) and it takes about six hours.
Day 16: Trek from Marpha to Jomsom(2710m) this takes about five hours over inght at hotel/lodge
Day 17: Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara(920m) this takes about 20 minute and leusire day in pokhara
Day 18: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist mini bus that takes about seven hours. You can also fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu which takes about 25 minute’s .Overnight at Hotel
Day 19: Full Day sightseeing of Kathmandu Valley and Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 20: Final Departure or alternatively Join other activities
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport .
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek.
- Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) for Annapurna Conservation Area.
- TIMS card(Trekking Information Management System) Permit
- Necessary staff during the trekking period With Experience Guide and Porter.
- Flight Ticket from Jomsom Pokhara
- 25 Kg Luggage free Per Person during the trekking.
- Complete camping /Trekking equipment for trekking.
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment
- Dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses are avilable Sharing with other member.
- Two member has one tent for camping during trekking period
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- An Experienced Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
One Night Hotel and Accommodation In Pokhar
English speaking Tour guide for Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour by private car / van.
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to BookDhaulagiri Round trek?