Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek ( 08 days )
Ghorepani Poonhill Trek is one of the most popular short and sweet Trekking in Nepal. This trek lies in Annapurna Region of Nepal within the boundary of Annapurna Conservation Area Project (ACAP). Pokhara, the major touristic and beautiful city of amazing destination in Nepal might be the base for starting this colorful and wonderful scenic adventure trek.
The trail of this Poonhill trek winds through mess valleys, dense mossy forests with rhododendron and past icy waterfalls where you can stop to cool yourself during the trek. Around every corner is a teasing glimpse of the high mountains, whole horizons of which will be revealed to you as you reach the high points of your trek in this trail.
The Poonhill Trek lies in the Annapurna foothills and Poonhill itself is the major viewpoint of Himalayan ranges of Mt. Annapurna and Mt. Dhaulagiri like a half-moon shape ahead of you. This trek is unforgettable for the family, student, project or official and individual trekkers to enjoy the most popular path of trekking in Nepal with the spectacular mountain scenery through charming villages inhabited by the Gurungs, Magars and many more different ethnic communities. Dense rhododendron forests full of birds and deep sub-tropical valleys, all set below the Annapurna Range Himalayas with the picturesque peaks of Machhapuchhare (The Fish Tail Peak) dominating the skyline.
We, the team of Snowy Horizon agency are ready to assist to make your trip climax satisfactory for which you will be taken to the top of Poonhill at dawn to enjoy one of the most spectacular mountains on Earth from your accommodation in the second or 3rd day of your trek. As the sun touches the snow-capped summits the Himalayan giants, Dhaulagiri (8,167m.) and Annapurna (8,091m.) along with a maze of other peaks, slowly begin to appear, like magic, before your eyes open. This is a rewarding trek that can be enjoyed by every lover of nature and beautiful landscape.
Hence, you are warmly welcomed for booking our tea house trek packages in this most awaited trekking route at your required time frame for short or a bit elaborated one upon your request.
Poon Hill Trek Paragliding and Rafting
We booked with Snowy Horizon Treks & Expeditions not knowing what to expect. They had offered us the most competitive price and since we were looking for a budget holiday, we accepted Mr Rishi Bhandhari's offer. Everything was uphill since then. He proved to be a most hospitable host, and was generous with his time and understanding; as novice first time trekkers, we didn’t know what to expect, but at his end the arrangements were impeccable and could not be faulted. ...Read More
Itinerary Details of Ghorepani Poon Hill Trek
Day 01: Arrival in the Tribhuvan International Airport, Kathmandu. Upon arrival, you will be taken to hotel.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (914m.). You depart early for the 7 hours drive by tourist deluxe bus to Pokhara (915m.), 200 kilometers west of Kathmandu.
Day 03: Trek from Pokhara (915 m.) to Nayapul (1050m.) by car which takes 1 and half hours drive. Now you begin your trek from Nayapul (1050m.) to Tikhedhunga (1577 m.) via Birethanti (1065m.) which takes about 4 hours.
Day 04: Trek from Tirkhedhunga to Ghorepani (2675 m.) and it takes about 6 hours. To begin your trek, you could ascend steeply for the early 2 hours and then ascend gently passing through Ulleri (2070m.) and Banthanti, Magar villages.
Day 05: Trek from Ghorepani to Ghandruk (1950m.) which takes about 7 and half hours. Early morning trip to Poon Hill (3232m.) to enjoy the sunrise view over Mt. Dhaulagiri , Tukuche Peak, Nilgiri, Varaha Shikhar , Mt. Annapurna I , Lamjung Himal and other numerous snowcapped mountain peaks
Day 06: Trek from Ghandruk to Nayapul via Birethanti which takes about 5 hours and then Drive to Pokhara overnight at Hotel
Day07:Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist mini bus that takes about seven hours. You can also fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu which takes approximately 25 minutes.
Day 08: Final departure or alternatively join other program.
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the Annapurna Base Camp trek depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport .
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek.
- Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)
- TIMS card(Trekking Information Management System) Permit
- Necessary staff during the trekking period With Experience Guide and Porter.
- 20 Kg Luggage free Per Person during the trekking.
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- An Experienced Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Two nights Hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast
- English speaking Tour guide for Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour by private car / van.
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare domestic / international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- National Park entry fee and royalty (for off the beaten Trail and wilderness area) where we need special permit.
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Ghorepani Poon Hill trek?