Gokyo Lake Trek ( 16 Days)
Gokyo Lake Trek lie in Everest Region of Khumbu Area starting from Lukla toward Namche Bazzar, from where, the route split into two ways for Kalapathar / Everest Base camp and Gokyo Lake trail.
This Gokyo Lakes Trek is reliable to start from Lukla after taking 35 Minute scenic flights from Kathmandu and in two days of walk toward Namche Bazzar the day of acclimatization occurs here. This trek offers dramatic view of sky kissed mountains following the Dudh Koshi valley trail through beautiful pine and rhododendron trees. The serrated, frosty and snow capped peaks of Thamserku 6623m and Kushum Kangaru 6369m, tower above the trail, a steep climb then leads to Namche Bazaar 3345m where we taking our first stop for rest.
The Gokyo Lakes Trek leads the way to Khumjung Valley via Dole to Machermo and then Gokyo Village. Gokyo actually has better view to view Mt. Everest (8848m) Cho-Oyu (8201m) Makalu (8481m) Nuptse (7879m), Lhotse (8416m) Lhotse Shar (8400m), Ama Dablam (6812m), Island peak (6189) and Thamserku (6623m). Gokyo Lakes trekking takes through romantic villages of stone houses and walled pastures on the shores of Gokyo Lake. It offers the chance to observe the local peoples way of life and also may encounter yaks.
This trek is also widely regarded as one of the classic route for trekking in Nepal. The trek with five beautiful alpine lakes, spectacular mountain views and largest glacier of Nepal, the Ngozumpa, may be one of your best choices to view and experience the far bitten trail in Everest region. This trek can be continued to the foot of Cho Oyu and Gyachung Kang peaks. However, less number of trekkers willing to take this route as they take another regular route to Kalapathar and Everest base camp.
Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition agency is happy to offer you the 13-15 days tea house trek or less upon your choice of itinerary both camping or tea house full board trekking with the arrangement of early scheduled returned air tickets from Kathmandu to Lukla combining or without combining the Kathmandu package.
We are really appreciated with Mr. Rishi Bhandari and thank you very much for the perfect organization of our Nepal trip. It was better than expected and we enjoyed every things you recommended and planned fur us! Our guide + Porter for the trekking to Gokyo Re we are very experience helpful and friendly. We had I lot of fun together, we always stayed in clean and nice rooms/Lodges. Although there was flight cancelation for several days you managed that we can fly on time. Gokyo Re was one of the best experiences we had in our life time. The lakes the view just perfect;There was nothing to wrong about because you picked us from the Airport reconfirmed our flight and always understood where we wanted; first we just wanted to book ........Read More
Itinerary Details of Gokyo Lake Trek
Day 01: Arrival in the Kathmandu Airport, transfer to hotel.(1340M)
Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla(2840m) and then trek to Phakding(2800m,approx-4 hrs)
Day 03: Trek from Phakding to Namche Bazaar(3440m,approx-6hrs )
Day 04: Namche Bazaar rest day, for Acclimatization trek to Everest view lodge (3800m) to seen view of Everest and other mountain ,Back to Namche Bazaar and visit Hilary and Sherpa museum ( approx 5 hrs)
Day 05: Trek from Namche Bazaar to Dole (4110M, approx-5hrs)
Day 06: Trek from Dole to Machherma(4470m, approx-4 hrs)
Day 07: Rest day in Machherma for Acclimatization
Day 08: Trek from Machherma to Gokyo (4790m, approx-6hrs)
Day 09: Exploration day, walk to Gokyo Ri (5357m) to watch mountains view and visit Dudh pokhari which is situated in 4750M height.
Day 10: Trek from Gokyo to Luza (4360m,approx-6 hrs)
Day 11: Trek from Luza to Khumjung (3780m,approx-5 hrs)
Day 12: Trek from Khumjung to Monjo (2840m, approx-6 hrs)
Day 13: Trek from Monjo to Lukla (2800m approx-5 hrs)
Day 14: Fly from Lukla to Kathmandu (35min).Transfer to Hotel, leisure day and shopping.
Day 15: Full Day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley (Durbar Square, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath) and Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 16: Final Departure or Alternatively, join other activities
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport .
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek.
- Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Flight Ticket from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)
- TIMS card(Trekking Information Management System) Permit
- Necessary staff during the trekking period With Experience Guide and Porter.
- 20 Kg Luggage free Per Person during the trekking.
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- An Experienced Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- English speaking Tour guide for Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour by private car / van.
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot shower.
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- National Park entry fee and royalty (for off the beaten Trail and wilderness area) where we need special permit.
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Gokyo Lake trek?