Highlights of Nepal for Family and Friends Tour
The highlights of Nepal for Family & Friends Tour was designed for a group of participants possibly of varied ages to experience easy exotic adventure and to help the group to develop good and positive bonding in a fun adventure setting. There is no particular requirement for this adventure apart of having general good health and being able to do a moderate walk and climb comfortable few flights of stairs. The grade of the trip can be described as easy adventure.
The package duration is 9 days and includes sightseeing in Kathmandu, Pokhara, and Lumbini and Jungle safari at Chitwan National Park. For more adventures group members there is an extra option of paragliding during Pokhara sightseeing activities.
Introduction to Kathmandu
Kathmandu(1400m) history dates back an impressive 2000 years. It is located centrally in Kathmandu Valley with its metropolitan area consistings of three cities: Kathmandu (Kantipur), Patan and Bhatapur. Thamel the old part of the city with quaint short and narrow streets, numerous nooks and crannies contains hotels, restaurants, offices and shops. Durbar Square, world heritage site, is important and fascinating place to visit, containing numerous Hindu temples, statutes of various Hindu deities and the palace of Kumari, the living goddess. Other important place is Pashupatinath, the biggest Hindu temple in the world, considered the most significant for Hindu followers attracting numerous pilgrims and colourful Sadus; for many Hindu it is a preferred cremation site on banks of Bagmati River. There are two significant Buddhist Gompas in Kathmandu Swayambhunath and Baudhanath, and also world heritage sites. Nagarkot, the highest hill in the range surrounding Kathmandu Valley, some 35km from the city centre offers unprecedented view on Langtang range and some of the giants beyond the range such as Annapurna, Manaslu, Cho Oyu and Shishapangma.
Introduction to Lumbini
Lumbini a small town in Western Terrai plains, the birthplace of Lord Buddha has been declared by UNESCO a world heritage site due to its historical, archaeological and cultural significance. In Lumbini you will experience Buddhist spirituality and see 2500 years old archaeological site; you will travel on rickshaw to see amazing monastic area funded by Buddhist communities from many countries in the world. In accordance to Buddhist tradition Queen Maya Devi gave birth to Siddhartha Gautama in 563BC, who as Buddha Gautama founded Buddhist tradition. You will see well preserved archaeological ruins under the Maya Devi temple including the marker of exact spot of Buddha’s birth as designated by Buddhist scholars. You will also see the pond next to the temple where accordance to Buddhist believes Queen Maya Devi took a ritual bath before giving birth. During times of Buddha Lumbini was a garden area, where Buddha conducted his teachings. The garden area has been restored and the antiquities have been dutifully preserved.
Introduction to Chitwan National Park
Chitwan National Park the first national park in Nepal formerly called Royal Chitwan National Park it was established in 1973 and granted the status of a World Heritage Site in 1984. It covers an area of 932 sq km and is located in the subtropical Inner Terai lowlands of south-central Nepal in the Chitwan district. In altitude it ranges from about 100 metres (330 ft) in the river valleys to 815 metres (2,674 ft) in the Churia Hills. The park contains rich fauna and flora including exotic and endangered Bengal Tigers, Crocodile spices, Indian Rhino and Elephants. The stay and activities inside park are organised and controlled by the rangers to ensure safety of visitors and environmental protection and include elephant bathing rituals and safaris, bird watching, jungle walks and canoeing. The park also offers informative slideshow, introduction to local culture with the Tharu traditional dance shows. The rivers feeding to Chitwan allow a number of options for spectacular rafting adventures on Seti and Treshuli Rivers.
Introduction to Pokhara
History of Pokhara is linked with an important old trading route between China and India. In 17th centaury Pokhara was a part of very influential Kingdom of Kaski ruled by Shah Dynasty. Pokhara Valley is a home to ethnic groups of Brahmin, Gurung and Newar who are predominantly Hindu with a minority of Buddhists in particularly of Tibetan origin. It is one of the most spectacular valleys in Nepal, where two 8000m peaks Annapurna(8091m) and Dhaulagiri(8167m) raise up dramatically within 30km from Pokhara(1000m) forming incredibly picturesque vista over the Phewa Tal (lake). At Sarangkot (1680m) you will experience the golden sunrise view of Annapurna and magnificent vista of Lake Phewa and city of Pokhara. There will be optional activity of paragliding back to Pokhara on 45 minutes para-flight tandem. We also visit the amazing Bidubashini temple complex, Old Market, David’s Fall with Hindu Grotto Temple and the cave and Tibetan Buddhist monastery.
Namche Bazaar Khumjung Trekking 26Th February 2011
We had wonderful trek organised by Rishi Bhandari & his company Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition in the short time we had to explore the area. The quality of accommodation and food exceeded our expectations. The expertise & professionalism of our guide, Bibek was excellent and make our trip the memorable experience it was. We would not hesitate to recommend Snowy Horizon Treks for any Nepal traveller and we obsoletely use provision in our future Nepal trips.
Itinerary Details of Highlights of Nepal for Family and Friends Tour
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to Hotel
Day 02: We take one hour scenic mountain flight early in the morning, which will take us to the top of the world to admire spectacular vista of Everest and all other 13 highest peaks in the world, all over 8000m as well as hundreds of peaks over 6000m. After the scenic flight we will continue sightseeing in Kathmandu visiting Kapan monastery and significant temples and gompas of Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Swayambhunath. We will conclude the day with well deserved Welcome dinner.
Day 03: Early morning we will take one hour flight to Lumbini and visit Maya Devi temple, the archaeological reserve of Buddha’s birthplace including Lumbini Gardens, where Buddha conducted his teachings; we also will see Asoka Pillar and a number of other Buddhist related monuments; we will take the rickshaw ride to visit the monastic district. We will stay overnight in Lumbini.
Day 04: Early morning we visit Tilaurakot, where Buddha spend 29 years of his sheltered life as a young price unaware of poverty and suffering outside the palace walls. We return to the hotel for a breakfast and drive to Chitwan for jungle safari program. The safari program includes many activities conducted over two days. Park rangers will schedule all activities. We finish the day enjoying sunset over the river and a drink in the bar located at the river banks and stay overnight in the jungle resort.
Day 05: Second day of jungle safari activities will include elephant bathing, elephant riding and the opportunity to close encounters with these magnificent and highly intelligent creatures. You will be able to come close to elephant and interact with them including touching and patting. You will be amazed with their dexterity, gentleness and intelligence. You will be able to bathe in the river with the elephant. While riding elephants through the jungle we will hope to see rhinos, maybe tigers, dears, giant pythons and more. Rangers also arrange other activities such as nature walks, canoeing and bird watching. We will spend second night in the jungle resort.
Day 06: After breakfast we’ll take 4-5 hrs drive to Pokhara through spectacular Seti River valley. We will spend rest of the day relaxing in Pokhara at your leisure, boating on the lake and enjoying the tourist atmosphere of Pokhara tourist village. There is B/B arrangement so you will have opportunity to enjoy lunch and diner at your preferred restaurant. We will stay overnight in Pokhara Village Resort or equivalent style quality accommodation.
Day 07: Around 5am we will drive to Sarangkot (1680m) for golden sunrise and as optional activity you can return down to Pokhara on paragliding tandem 45 minutes para-flight. We’ll continue sightseeing in Pokhara for the rest of the day visiting Hindu temples at David’s Falls grotto and Bindubashini and Tibetan Buddhist monastery. On the way we will also visit some spectacular nature. We will stay overnight in Pokhara.
Day 08: We will catch morning flight back to Kathmandu and transfer to the hotel in Thamel, with which you should be familiar. This will be a day for your shopping in Thamel and personal discoveries of interesting corners, nooks and crannies in touristy but charming Thamel. You can also stroll to nearby Durbar Square. We will conclude your Highlight Tour of Nepal with a Farewell dinner.
Day 09: After breakfast we’ll arrange transfer to the airport for your flight or alternatively you can join another tour.
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the tour or trek depends on group size and desired class of services dependent on your budget and optional activities of your choice. The larger the group the lower the cost per capita.
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide. This program can be modified according to the client available time and requirements.
- The Itinerary can be easily modified in accordance with final client specifications. Additional activities could be added or removed as per client's specifications before confirming the trip. Costs for reduced activities will be deducted and extra activities will be added as per client specification.
- The above itinerary includes services from Airport pick-up to Airport drop-off to provide convenience to our clients.
- There is very diverse choice of accommodation in major cities and we provide accommodation to the standard requested or we will book the accommodation nominated by the client.
- The cost per capita will also be affected the number of guides and porters required to fulfil the program.
- For all these reasons the cost of seemingly the same trip may vary.
- For fixed departures with fixed price based on minimum number of clients we reserve the right to cancel the trip and refund the money or offer an alternative option.
- The above price is indicative only and for conditions described in the itinerary. Our services are tailored to client’s individual requirements and hence fixed and final price can only be determined on case by case bases.
- Pick up and drop-off from/to Kathmandu airport.
- Transportation by private vehicle (Bus, Car ,Van) as per Itinerary
- Group medical supplies (First Aid kit )
- A Full Day Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour.
- 1/2 Days full board Lumbini Activities
- 2/3 Days Full Board Jungle safari Activities
- Escorted English speaking tour guide
- All necessary monument entrance fee
- All meals at Chitwan National Park segment.
- Mountain Flight ticket and transportation
- Welcome Dinner in Kathmandu after your arrival.
- 2/3 Days full Board package in Pokhara.
- Sightseeing in Pokhara valley
- Flight Ticket from Kathmandu to Lumbini
- Flight Ticket from Pokhara to Kathmandu
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Our service charges
- Hotel Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic beverages, Nepal visa fee & Personal nature expenses
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa can be obtained easy at the arrival
- Mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, laundry, phone calls, internet.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Trip in Nepal?