Island (6,160M ) Peak Climbing
Island Peak Climbing is one of the most popular peak expeditions in Everest Region locally known as Imja Tse Peak Climbing. The peak is listed as NMA trekking peak which is technically simple to climb and it offers superb panorama views of Khumbu area from its summit. Nuptse, Lhotse, Lhotse Middle Peak as yet still unclimbed and Lhotse Shar are the major Himalayas of over 8000 m snowy capped peaks could be viewed from the summit of this peak. To the east of this classic trekking peak the rising above the frozen waves of the Lhotse Shar Glacier the Cho Polu (6.734mt.) and with red granite mass of Mt.Makalu (8,475m) could also be viewed. The Peak is also known as Imja Tse in Nepali.
Snowy Horizon offers you full board package for this Island Peak Mountaineering as a unique adventure including climbing permit from NMA and all other necessary logistics form arrival up to departure from Kathmandu. This package may include both Everest base camp trekking and Island Peak climbing at a time. Upon your request we do also offer only base camp service of this peak climbing where the climber may arrange all required logistics for above the base camp. Yet the peak permit is provided by us. The route of this trek and expedition lies in Everest Region which is also known as Khumbu Area of Nepal’s mountaineering.
In fact, Snowy Horizon invites both the climbers requiring full board service or base camp service for this Island Peak Climbing. Our service includes the proper maps of the trekking and climbing route, hygienic high altitude food cooked freshly by our experienced cooks, experienced and professional trekking and climbing Sherpas and guides, sufficient and quality logistics, properly arranged arrival and departure transfers, well managed accommodation and tours to Kathmandu valley. This mountain climbing in Nepal is introduced as an inexpensive and easy adventure with low permit fee for aspiring climbers. They can experience the striking beauty of the summit with only 6160m of the Island peak Expedition. The climbers can be acclimatized in this cold temperature in the pocket on the way back from the standard Everest base camp trekking. Thus, it is said that the Island Peak climbing could be done as an add-on activity to the most famous EBC trekking adventure.
I recently traveled on a trip to Everest Base Camp and Island Peak with Snowy Horizon Treks and Expeditions and was extremely impressed with their logistics and attention to detail. Even during some of the worst weather in years in Nepal, our trip was great, in no small part to the guides, porters and leaders at Snowy Horizon Treks. They are true professionals, not to mention genuinly honest and great people, who provide a service that is second to none. If you travel with them, you will not be disappointed.
.... .Read More
Island Peak Climbing Itinerary
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu International Airport, receive and transfer to the Hotel.
Day 02: Preparation, Briefings, Last minute shopping in Kathmandu.
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla; Trek (4hrs) to Phakding (2652m), lodge accommodation.
Day 04: Trek (6hrs) from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) through colorful Khumbu villages; Lodge accommodation
Day 05: Rest day for acclimatization; you may hike to famous Everest View Hotel (3800m) (3hrs) to see Everest; back at Namche visit Hilary and Sherpa museum
Day 06: Trek (5hrs) from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3850m); visit significant Buddhist monastery; lodge accommodation
Day 07: Trek (4-5hrs) from Tyangboche to Dingboche (4350m); catch glimpses of Lhotse and Ama Dablam; lodge accommodation
Day 08: Rest for acclimatization at Dingboche; enjoy pleasant and scenic Sherpa village
Day 09: Trek (2-3hrs) from Dingboche to Chhukung (4730m); lodge accommodation
Day 10: Trek (3hrs) from Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp (5087m); camping
Day 11-12: Climb to Island Peak (6189m); camping
Day 13: Trek (3hrs) from Island Peak Base Camp to Chhukung; lodge accommodation
Day 14: Trek (4hrs) from Chhukung to Pangboche (3985m); enjoy Sherpa culture; lodge accommodation
Day 15: Trek (6hrs) from Pangboche to Khumjung (3790m.); lodge accommodation
Day 16: Trek (5hrs) from Khumjung to Monjo; All the way we walk downhill; En route we pass Namche Bazaar. Stay overnight at lodge in Monjo.
Day 17: Trek (3hrs) from Monjo to Lukla (2800m) through scenic Khumbu; This last evening in the mountains is the ideal opportunity for a farewell party with our staff.
Day 18: We take again scenic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu, which takes about 35 minutes.
Day 19: Leisure day; sightseeing in Kathmandu (Durbar Square, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath); Farewell-Celebration Dinner.
Day 20: Transfer to the airport for final departure or alternatively join other activities
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern, which we provide you. This Climbing/Expedition itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities (service) could be deducted and additional activities (service) could be added as per mutual understanding.
- Please Read Our Conditions: How to Book Island Peak Climbing?
Price For the Trip:
- The cost of the peak/mountain Expedition depend group size, Category of the trip (full board / base camp Service), your desire (budget), Duration of the trip, categories of Hotel accommodation (budget to 5 star) in Capital city and parts of mountain, Climbing service above the base camp, the number of climbing guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer will direct affect and same peak/ mountain climbing expedition can be higher and lower prices.
- For those reason Please mail us for up to date prices for Island Peak Climbing
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Snowy Horizon’s representative while arriving and departing.
- 4 Nights accommodations at 3/4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhnath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight Tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu sector to all climbing member and Staff.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 30kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the peak.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Climbing permit for Island peak.
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing Period as per the size of group.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.)
- Our service Charges
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators. Though Snowy will provide the same, usage of Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators will be charged extra
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” SECTION