Island Peak Climbing - Spring 2014
Island Peak known as Imja tse is one of the most popular Adventure NMA (Nepal Mountaineering Association) Trekking peaks to climb in Nepal with a good reason for it. Island Peak is a technically simple peak to climb and it offers superb views of Everest (Khumbu) area from its summit. It cannot get any better than to see the entire Everest massive in front of you with the rugged summits of Nuptse (7.879m) Lhotse (8.501m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8.410m), as yet still unclimbed and Lhotse Shar (8.383m) and in West site you can see Beautiful snowy Ama Dablam mountain very close. To the east, rising above the frozen waves of the Lhotse Shar Glacier is Cho Polu (6.734mt.) with red granite mass of Makalu (8,475m). In the Summit, you are surrounded with great Himalayas with snowy-capped peaks and this is once in a lifetime opportunity to see some of the most breathtaking scenery imaginable. Everest base camp trek and Island peak expedition is arguably the most famous and real adventure trekking peak route in the world.For aspiring climbers this is nice and easy introduction to Himalayan adventure peaks in an area of striking beauty. With only 6160m, it is inexpensive adventure with low permit fee and acclimatization in the pocket on the way back from the standard Everest Base Camp trekking, therefore, it can be done as add-on to EBC trekking adventure. The Island trekking climb follows steep but a simple snowfield with easy ridge summit and it is a very satisfying adventure due to exciting scenery, teamwork crossing a glacier and a crevasse near the headwall and using fixed rope close to the summit. Island peak could be great adventure for a fit family or a group of fit friends or maybe even a bonding and team building exercise. Island Peak extension of this ridge descending southwest is the part of the normal route of ascent and Northwest also leads to the Summit route.
Island Peak, Nepali Imja Tse was first climbed in 1953 by a British team as a training exercise for preparation for Mount ssEverest. Tenzing Norgay was one of the members of this first ascent team. Eric Shipton party named the peak in 1953 as it reminded them of an island in the sea of ice when viewed from Dingboche.
I recently traveled on a trip to Everest Base Camp and Island Peak with Snowy Horizon Treks and Expeditions and was extremely impressed with their logistics and attention to detail. Even during some of the worst weather in years in Nepal, our trip was great, in no small part to the guides, porters and leaders at Snowy Horizon Treks. They are true professionals, not to mention genuinly honest and great people, who provide a service that is second to none. If you travel with them, you will not be disappointed.
.... .Read More
Island Peak Climbing Spring 2014 Itinerary
Apr11/Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and Hotel transfer
Apr12/Day 02: Preparation, Briefings, Last minute shopping in Kathmandu
Apr13/Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla; Trek (4hrs) to Phakding (2652m); lodge accommodation
Apr14/Day 04: Trek (6hrs) from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) through colourful Khumbu villages; Lodge accommodation
Apr15/Day 05: Rest day for acclimatization; you may hike to famous Everest View Hotel (3800m) (3hrs) to see Everest; back at Namche visit Hilary and Sherpa museum
Apr16/Day 06: Trek (5hrs) from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3850m); visit significant Buddhist monastery; lodge accommodation
Apr17/Day 07: Trek (4-5hrs) from Tyangboche to Dingboche (4350m); catch glimpses of Lhotse and Ama Dablam; lodge accommodation
Apr18/Day 08: Rest for acclimatization at Dingboche; enjoy pleasant and scenic Sherpa village
Apr19/Day 09: Trek (2-3hrs) from Dingboche to Chhukung (4730m); lodge accommodation
Apr20/Day 10: Trek (3hrs) from Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp (5087m); camping
Apr21/Day 11-12: Climb to Island Peak (6189m); camping
Apr22/Day 13: Trek (3hrs) from Island Peak Base Camp to Chhukung; lodge accommodation
Apr23/Day 14: Trek (4hrs) from Chhukung to Pangboche (3985m); enjoy Sherpa culture; lodge accommodation
Apr24/Day 15: Trek (6hrs) from Pangboche to Namche Bazaar (3400m.); lodge accommodation
Apr25/Day 16: Trek (7hrs) from Namche Bazaa to Lukla (2800m) through scenic Khumbu; This last evening in the mountains is the ideal opportunity for a farewell party with our staff.
Apr26/Day 17: We take again scenic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu , which takes about 35 minutes.
Apr27/Day 18: Leisure day; sightseeing in Kathmandu (Durbar Square, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath); Fairwell-Celebration dinner
Apr28/Day 19: Transfer to the airport for final departure or alternatively join other activities
Spring 2014 Fixed Departures Date
|Day||Itinerary Activities||Itinerary "B"||Itinerary "C"||Itinerary "D"|
|01:||Arrival/Hotel Transfer||May 10||APR 14||APR 25|
|02:||Briefings, Preparations||May 11||APR 15||APR 26|
|03-15:||Trek/Climbing Period||May 12-May 27||APR 16 - APR 30||APR 27- MAY 12|
|16:||Flight Lukla to Kathandu||May 28||MAY 01||MAY 13|
|17:||Sightseeing/Leisure KTM||May 29||MAY 02||MAY 14|
|18:||Final departure||May 30||MAY 03||MAY 15|
|book Now||book Now||book Now|
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern, which we provide you. This Climbing/Expedition itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities (service) could be deducted and additional activities (service) could be added as per mutual understanding.
- Please Read Our Conditions: How to Book Island Peak Climbing?
Price For the Trip:
- The cost of the peak/mountain Expedition depend group size, Category of the trip (full board / base camp Service), your desire (budget), Duration of the trip, categories of Hotel accommodation (budget to 5 star) in Capital city and parts of mountain, Climbing service above the base camp, the number of climbing guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer will direct affect and same peak/ mountain climbing expedition can be higher and lower prices.
- For those reason Please mail us for up to date prices for Island Peak Climbin
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Snowy Horizon’s representative while arriving and departing.
- 4 Nights accommodations at 3/4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhnath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight Tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu sector to all climbing member and Staff.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 30kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the peak.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Climbing permit for Island peak.
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing Period as per the size of group.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.)
- Our service Charges
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators. Though Snowy will provide the same, usage of Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators will be charged extra
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” SECTION