Island Peak Climbing - Autumn 2013
Snowy Horizon offers full board package for the Island Peak Climbing as a Classic adventure, which includes climbing permit from NMA, and all other necessary logistics form arrival up to departure from Kathmandu. We operate both Individual and Group Joining packages for this Island Peak Climbing in coming autumn 2013 for which you can consider the below mentioned dates and schedules. Hence, we are happy to invite the climbers requiring full board service for the Island Peak climbing autumn 2013. Our service includes the proper maps of the trekking and climbing route, hygienic high altitude food cooked freshly by our experienced cooks, experienced and professional trekking and climbing Sherpas and guides, sufficient and quality logistics, properly arranged arrival and departure transfers, well managed accommodation and tours to Kathmandu valley as well.
Island Peak is one of the most popular peaks to climb in Nepal. It is a technically simple to climb and it offers superb views of Khumbu area from its summit. Nuptse (7.879m), Lhotse (8.501m), Lhotse Middle Peak (8.410m), as yet still unclimbed and Lhotse Shar (8.383m) are the major peaks could be viewed from the summit of this peak where the entire Everest massive in front with these rugged summits is stands. To the east of the peak the rising above the frozen waves of the Lhotse Shar Glacier the Cho Polu (6.734mt.) with red granite mass of Makalu (8,475m) could also be viewed.
Island Peak is also known as Imja Tse in Nepali, which was first climbed in 1953 by a British team as a training exercise in preparation for Mount Everest. Tenzing Norgay was one of the members of this first ascent team. The peak was named by Eric Shipton party in 1951 as it reminded them of an island in the sea of ice when viewed from Dingboche. Later in 1983 the peak was renamed as Imja Tse in the Sherpa tongue but could not become famous like Island Peak. The peak is actually an extension of the ridge coming down off the south end of Lhotse Shar.
This mountain climbing in Nepal is introduced as an inexpensive and easy adventure with low permit fee for aspiring climbers. They can experience the striking beauty of the summit with only 6160m of the Island peak Expedition. The climbers can be acclimatized in the pocket on the way back from the standard Everest base camp trekking. Thus, it is said that the Island Peak climbing could be done as an add-on activity to the most famous EBC trekking adventure.
Naya Kanga Peak Climbing 07th March-2011
I planned to climb Naya Kanga Peak in March and Snowy Horizon helped me a lot - I got a great guide who has done an impressive List of ascents of high mountains. He was a real fighter when it came to struggle against a hell lot of snow - yet we had to give in before reaching the High Camp. Anyway, this hasn't been the fault of anybody involved. I had a good time, felt safe and secure and can recommend Snowy Horizon to anybody who looks for a challenge in Nepal Himalaya. I would like to many thanks Mr. Rishi Bhandari and his company working team.... .Read More
Island Peak Climbing Autumn 2013 Itinerary
20 Sep/Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel (1350m)
21 Sep/Day 02: Fly from Kathmandu to Lukla(2840m) and to Phakding (approx 4hrs walk)
22 Sep/Day 03: from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m approx 7hrs walk)
23 Sep/Day 04: Namche Bazaar rest day, for acclimatization hike to view lodge (3800m, 3 hrs walk)
24 Sep/Day 05: from Namche Bazaar to Tyangboche (3860m approx 5 hrs walk)
25 Sep/Day 06: from Tyangboche to Pheriche / dingboche (4250m approx 5 hrs walk)
26 Sep/Day 07: from Pheriche / dingboche to Lobuche (5018m approx 4hrs walk)
27 Sep/Day 08: Lobuche rest day for acclimatization
28 Sep/Day 09: from Lobuche to Gorakshep (5170m approx 3 hrs walk) and rest
29 Sep/Day 10: Gorakshep Kalapatther (5545m) and (5200m) back to Lobuche(5018)
30 Sep/Day 11: from Lobuche(5218)to to Chhukung (4730m); lodge accommodation
01 Oct/Day 12: Trek (3hrs) from Chhukung to Island Peak Base Camp (5087m); camping
02-03Oct/D13-14: Climb to Island Peak (6189m); camping
04 Oct/Day 15: Spear day for climbing due to weather
05 Oct/Day 16: Trek (3hrs) from Island Peak Base Camp to Chhukung; lodge accommodation
06 Oct/Day 17: Trek (4hrs) from Chhukung to Pangboche (3985m); enjoy Sherpa culture; lodge accommodation
07 Oct/Day 18: Trek (6hrs) from Pangboche to Khumjung (3790m.); lodge accommodation
08 Oct/Day 19: Trek (5hrs) from Khumjung to Monjo; All the way we walk downhill; En route we pass Namche Bazaar. Stay overnight at lodge in Monjo.
09 Oct/Day 20: Trek (3hrs) from Monjo to Lukla (2800m) through scenic Khumbu; This last evening in the mountains is the ideal opportunity for a farewell party with our staff.
10 Oct/Day 21: We take again scenic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu, which takes about 35 minutes.
11 Oct/Day 22: Leisure day; sightseeing in Kathmandu (Durbar Square, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath); Fairwell-Celebration dinner
12 Oct/Day 23: Transfer to the airport for final departure or alternatively join other activities
Autumn 2013 Fixed Departures Date:
|Day||Itinerary Activities||Itinerary "A"||Itinerary "B"||Itinerary "C"|
|01:||Arrival/Hotel Transfer||SEP 22||OCT 12||OCT 04|
|02:||Briefings, Preparations||SEP 23||OCT 13||OCT 05|
|03-15:||Trek/Climbing Period||SEP 24-OCT08||OCT 14 - 28||OCT 06-23|
|16:||Flight Lukla to Kathandu||OCT 09||OCT 29||OCT 24|
|17:||Sightseeing/Leisure KTM||OCT 10||OCT 30||OCT 25|
|18:||Final departure||OCT 11||OCT 31||OCT 26|
|book Now||book Now||book Now|
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern, which we provide you. This Climbing/Expedition itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities (service) could be deducted and additional activities (service) could be added as per mutual understanding.
- Please Read Our Conditions: How to Book Island Peak Climbing?
Price For the Trip:
- The cost of the peak/mountain Expedition depend group size, Category of the trip (full board / base camp Service), your desire (budget), Duration of the trip, categories of Hotel accommodation (budget to 5 star) in Capital city and parts of mountain, Climbing service above the base camp, the number of climbing guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer will direct affect and same peak/ mountain climbing expedition can be higher and lower prices.
- For those reason Please mail us for up to date prices for Island Peak Climbing
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Snowy Horizon’s representative while arriving and departing.
- 4 Nights accommodations at 3/4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhnath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight Tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu sector to all climbing member and Staff.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 30kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the peak.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Climbing permit for Island peak.
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing Period as per the size of group.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.)
- Our service Charges
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators. Though Snowy will provide the same, usage of Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators will be charged extra
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” SECTION