Kathmandu Cultural Tour
Kathmandu(1400m) history dates back an impressive 2000 years. It is located centrally in Kathmandu Valley with its metropolitan area consistings of three cities: Kathmandu (Kantipur), Patan and Bhatapur. Thamel the old part of the city with quaint short and narrow streets, numerous nooks and crannies contains hotels, restaurants, offices and shops. Durbar Square, world heritage site, is important and fascinating place to visit, containing numerous Hindu temples, statutes of various Hindu deities and the palace of Kumari, the living goddess. Other important place is Pashupatinath, the biggest Hindu temple in the world, considered the most significant for Hindu followers attracting numerous pilgrims and colourful Sadus; for many Hindu it is a preferred cremation site on banks of Bagmati River. There are two significant Buddhist Gompas in Kathmandu Swayambhunath and Baudhanath, and also world heritage sites. Nagarkot, the highest hill in the range surrounding Kathmandu Valley, some 35km from the city centre offers unprecedented view on Langtang range and some of the giants beyond the range such as Annapurna, Manaslu, Cho Oyu and Shishapangma.
Namche Bazaar Khumjung Trekking 26Th February 2011
We had wonderful trek organised by Rishi Bhandari & his company Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition in the short time we had to explore the area. The quality of accommodation and food exceeded our expectations. The expertise & professionalism of our guide, Bibek was excellent and make our trip the memorable experience it was. We would not hesitate to recommend Snowy Horizon Treks for any Nepal traveller ...................Read More
Itinerary Details of Kathmandu Cultural Tour
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to Hotel. If time permits, we visit Kathmandu Durbar in the evening & stay overnight at hotel.
Day 02: We take one hour scenic mountain flight early in the morning, which will take us to the top of the world to admire spectacular vista of Everest and all other 13 highest peaks in the world, all over 8000m as well as hundreds of peaks over 6000m. After the scenic flight we will continue sightseeing in Kathmandu visiting Kapan monastery and significant temples and gompas of Boudhanath, Pashupatinath and Swayambhunath.and drive to Nagarkot via Bhaktapur and Overnight at the hotel with sunset viewing
Day 03: Enjoy sunrise view from Nagarkot, stroll around the hill & drive to Bungamati via Khokna. Visit Patan Durbar -Square after lunch at the town and drive back to Kathmandu at hotel. At Evening, Farewell dinner will be provided with cultural program in Kathmandu.
Day 04: After breakfast we’ll arrange transfer to the airport for your flight or alternatively you can join another tour.
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the tour or trek depends on group size and desired class of services dependent on your budget and optional activities of your choice. The larger the group the lower the cost per capita.
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide. This program can be modified according to the client available time and requirements.
- The Itinerary can be easily modified in accordance with final client specifications. Additional activities could be added or removed as per client's specifications before confirming the trip. Costs for reduced activities will be deducted and extra activities will be added as per client specification.
- The above itinerary includes services from Airport pick-up to Airport drop-off to provide convenience to our clients.
- There is very diverse choice of accommodation in major cities and we provide accommodation to the standard requested or we will book the accommodation nominated by the client.
- The cost per capita will also be affected the number of guides and porters required to fulfil the program.
- For all these reasons the cost of seemingly the same trip may vary.
- For fixed departures with fixed price based on minimum number of clients we reserve the right to cancel the trip and refund the money or offer an alternative option.
- The above price is indicative only and for conditions described in the itinerary. Our services are tailored to client’s individual requirements and hence fixed and final price can only be determined on case by case bases.
- Pick up and drop-off from/to Kathmandu airport.
- all surface Transportation by private vehicle (Bus, Car ,Van) as per Itinerary
- Group medical supplies (First Aid kit )
- One night full board accommodation in Nagarkot
- two Full Day Kathmandu Sightseeing Tour.
- Escorted English speaking tour guide
- All necessary monument entrance fee
- Mountain Flight ticket and transportation
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Our service charges
- Hotel Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Alcoholic beverages, Nepal visa fee & Personal nature expenses
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa can be obtained easy at the arrival
- Mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic drinks, laundry, phone calls, internet.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to book Trip in Nepal?