Kathmandu Valley Tour
The history of the city of Kathmandu, which is inseparable from that of the Kathmandu valley, dates back to ancient times. Archaeological explorations indicate that Kathamandu and the two other sister towns in the valley were the oldest towns and are traced to the period between 167 B.C. and 1 A.D. Excavations conducted at Hadigaon and Lubhu in southern part of the valley, in Kathmandu, have unearthed brick walls and stone age tools. The Buddha was also born in 563 B.C in the Kapilvastu District of Nepal near the Indian border.
Kathmandu is the capital and largest metropolitan city of Nepal. The city is the urban core of the Kathmandu valleyin the Himalayas, which also contains two sister cities namely Patan and Bhaktapur It is also acronym as 'KTM' .The city stands at an elevation of approximately 1,400 metres (4,600 ft) in the bowl-shaped valley in central Nepal surrounded by four major mountains, namely: Shivapuri, Phulchowki, Nagarjun and Chandragiri.The Kathmandu valley with its three districts including Kathmandu district.
Kathmandu is not only the capital of the Federal Democratic Republic of Nepal but also the headquarters of the Central Region (Madhyamanchal) among the five development regions constituted by the 14 administrative zones of Nepal located at the central part of the country. The Central region has three zones namely,Bagmati Narayani and janakpur is located in the Bagmati Zone.Kathmandu, as the gateway to Nepal Tourism, is the nerve centre of the country’s economy. With the most advanced infrastructure among urban areas in Nepal.
Destinations Covered: Kathmandu, Nagarkot, Bungmati, Khokana
Introduction to Kathmandu
Kathmandu(1400m) history dates back an impressive 2000 years. It is located centrally in Kathmandu Valley with its metropolitan area consistings of three cities: Kathmandu (Kantipur), Patan and Bhatapur. Thamel the old part of the city with quaint short and narrow streets, numerous nooks and crannies contains hotels, restaurants, offices and shops. Durbar Square, world heritage site, is important and fascinating place to visit, containing numerous Hindu temples, statutes of various Hindu deities and the palace of Kumari, the living goddess. Other important place is Pashupatinath, the biggest Hindu temple in the world, considered the most significant for Hindu followers attracting numerous pilgrims and colourful Sadus; for many Hindu it is a preferred cremation site on banks of Bagmati River. There are two significant Buddhist Gompas in Kathmandu Swayambhunath and Baudhanath, and also world heritage sites. Nagarkot, the highest hill in the range surrounding Kathmandu Valley, some 35km from the city centre offers unprecedented view on Langtang range and some of the giants beyond the range such as Annapurna, Manaslu, Cho Oyu and Shishapangma.
Poon Hill trip with a difference 13 February 2011
I have climbed many mountains and travelled many exotic destinations. This was one of my most memorable experiences ever. While working in Kathmandu Rishi organized the trip to Poon Hill. The trip to Poon Hill as such is not a big deal nowadays with easy access to the trailhead by public transport and numerous facilities along the trek. No surprise as it is probably one of the .....Read More
Itinerary Details of Kathmandu Valley Tour
Day 01: Arrival service from Kathmandu Airport & transfer to hotel. If time permits, we visit Kathmandu Durbar in the evening & stay overnight at hotel.
Day 02: Early in the morning you will be proceeded One Hour Mountain-flight toward the top of the World (Mt. Everest) which is one of the unique one in the World. From where you can view 13 Snowy caped Mountains over 8000meters high and hundreds of peaks over 6000 meters high. After breakfast, you will be taken to visit Kapan Monastery, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath, Swoyambhunath and drive to Nagarkot via Bhaktapur and Overnight at the hotel with sunset viewing.
Day 03: Enjoy sunrise view from Nagarkot, stroll around the hill & drive to Bungamati via Khokna. Visit Patan Durbar -Square after lunch at the town and drive back to Kathmandu at hotel. At Evening, Farewell dinner will be provided with cultural program in Kathmandu.
Day 04: Final departure or alternatively join other program.
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport .
- Transportation by private vehicle as per Itinerary
- Escorted English speaking tour guide
- One hour Mountain Flight ticket and Transportatin.
- All necessary monument entrance fee
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- One night Hotel in Nagarkot with B/B basic
- English speaking Tour guide for Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour by private Vehicles
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Hotel Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot shower.
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Kathmandu Valley Tour?