Lobuche East Peak Climbing (6145m)
Lobuche East Peak climbing in Everest region is one of the major attractive peak of Nepal. Lobuche peak rises majestically above the town of Lobuche just a few kilometers away from the Mt. Everest. It consists of two different summits, Lobuche East (6119m) and Lobuche West (6145m). They are connected together by 1.8km Southeast-Northwest ridge. Lobuche East is easily accessible as a trekking peak whereas the Lobuche West being more technical is a popular for peak expedition. The climbing route is from Village of Lobuche via South Shoulder and South Ridge. Both Lobuche peaks are aesthetically stunning and very similar in geometry, each forming three ridged pyramid. They dominate the view from the Everest Base Camp trek while approaching Lobuche village, which is located at the base of the Southeast shoulder of the Lobuche East Peak. The South and Southeast Ridges form a distinctive rock triangle extending to the Khumbu Glacier lateral moraine and easily identifiable from the trek and in particularly from the hill with stone memorials.
The trek starts from Lukla after 35 minutes spectacular flight from Kathmandu and follows through colorful Khumbu Area’s Sherpa villages; Namche Bazaar, the famous trading post between Nepal and Tibet; Tyangboche with significant Buddhist monastery set in the backdrop of classic Lhotse view; Pangboche the highest Sherpa village; and the gateway to Island Peak Dingboche village. As part of our acclimatization sequence we will walk to Gorak Shep (5125m) village from where we climb Kalapattar (5540m) a satellite peak of Pumori for a classic view of Mt. Everest and the Khumbu Icefall. From Gorak Shep we will also take a hike to visit the Everest Base Camp. With these acclimatization credentials we walk back to Lobuche village and trek to the Lobuche East Base Camp (5200m). We will allow two days for acclimatization and the climb along the South Ridge to the summit (6119m). The views from the Base Camp and climbing route are superb on Amadablam, Pumori, and Everest and from the summit we will have 360deg classic Himalayan panorama on many significant Himalayan peaks of Khumbu region, major Himalayan glaciers and alpine lakes of Sagarmatha National Park.
Snowy Horizon offers you full board package for these Lobuche Peaks Mountaineering as a Classic adventure including climbing permit from NMA and all other necessary logistics form arrival up to departure from Kathmandu. Upon your request we do also offer only base camp service of these peaks climbing where the climber may arrange all required logistics for above the base camp. Yet the peak permit is provided by us. The route of this trek and expedition lies in Everest Region which is also known as Khumbu Area of Nepal’s mountaineering. We invite both the climbers requiring full board service or base camp service for this Lobuche Peak Climbing. Our service includes the proper maps of the trekking and climbing route, hygienic high altitude food cooked freshly by our experienced cooks, experienced and professional trekking and climbing Sherpas and guides, sufficient and quality logistics, properly arranged arrival and departure transfers, well managed accommodation and tours to Kathmandu valley.
Our Lobuche Peak Climbing Services
In the Base Camp: Snowy Horizon Treks & Expedition provides very professional, helpful and friendly service from Kathmandu to the ABC as well as during the climb. Our objective is to provide a good quality, helpful, safe, friendly, stress free and comprehensive service to maximize summit opportunity.
In the Base camp our cooks and helpers will prepare and serve three delicious freshly cooked and plentiful meals a day and will ensure that hot and cold drinks are available 24hrs a day. In the Base Camp we provide spacious expedition quality personal tents for all our clients both with full board or base-camp service only. In the base camp we also provide dining tent, kitchen tent, toilet facilities and portable shower facilities and tent accommodation for our staff.
In the Base Camp we provide access to communication including satellite telephone and internet access, solar panels to charge your batteries and UHF/VHF hand held radios on the mountain to maintain communications between ABC and high camps.
Our Leader and camp manager as well as climbing Sherpas have an extensive experience of multiple Everest climbs. They will ensure cooperation with other companies and Base Camp organization. The Base Camp is a cooperative to ensure contribution from all operators to the task of route fixing and to ensure the safety of climbers from ABC to the summit.
Full Board: For our full board climbers we set up intermediate facility at camp 2 (6750m); this will include personal tents for full board clients, kitchen and dining tents and the toilet facility. We provide a personal climbing Sherpa guide to help the clients to reach the summit. Personal climbing Sherpa will set up camp 1, 2 o three as necessary including food provisions, fuel and oxygen and will guide and assist the client on the summit day. We provide the climbing Sherpa with appropriate radio communication to the climbing route.
Approach to Base Camp
The approach trek starts in Lukla after 35mins spectacular flight from Kathmandu, which by itself is a treat of Himalayan panoramas. From Lukla we descend to Phakding village and then follow through Khumbu villages to Monje, first village inside the Sagarmatha NP to Namche Bazaar (3440m), where we have our first accimatization rest. We will have opportunity to visit the famous Everest View Hotel in Khumjung as well Hillary and Sherpa museums in Namche.
From Nanche we continue through Tengboche (3860m) with significant Buddhist monastery set in the classic Himalayan backdrop of Lhotse South face and to Pheriche (4240m), Lobuche ((4910m) and Gorak Shep (5125m). In Gorak Shep we get acclimatization for our climb by hiking to the Kalapattar (5540m), the satellite summit of Pumori with a classic vista on Everest. We also walk to the Everest base Camp (5364m).
With solid acclimatization we will return to Lobuche and trek to the Lobuche East Base Camp (5200m)
Lobuche East Climbing Routes
The Lobuche East Base Camp (5200m) is located on the small lake at the base of small notch (260m) on the Southeast shoulder 2.2km from the Lobuche village. The trek is along the glacial moraine with the steepest climbing section 36deg/280m just before the camp.
The climb is executed directly from the Base camp along the shoulder for about 1km to the start of the South Ridge proper (5600m). It requires a hike on 36deg average slope and 400m of elevation gain.
Once on the ridge the average slope angle increases slightly to 45deg for 550m with elevation gain of 290m. At 5900m summit ridge is reached and climbing slope flattens to 35deg up to the false summit at 6000m. The summit is less then 300m from the false summit with only 100m of elevation gain.
The entire route is well protected including the summit Ridge. There is very little objective climbing danger. The entire route from the Base Camp is 2.1km with elevation gain of approximately 1000m.
Naya Kanga Peak Climbing 07th March-2011
I planned to climb Naya Kanga Peak in March and Snowy Horizon helped me a lot - I got a great guide who has done an impressive List of ascents of high mountains. He was a real fighter when it came to struggle against a hell lot of snow - yet we had to give in before reaching the High Camp. Anyway, this hasn't been the fault of anybody involved. I had a good time, felt safe and secure and can recommend Snowy Horizon to anybody who looks for a challenge in Nepal Himalaya. I would like to many thanks Mr. Rishi Bhandari and his company working team.... .Read More
Itinerary Details of Lobuche East Climbing
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and Hotel transfer
Day 02: Preparation, Briefings, Last minute shopping in Kathmandu
Day 03: Flight from Kathmandu to Lukla; Trek (4hrs) to Phakding (2652m); lodge accommodation or camping
Day 04: We trek 6hrs from Phakding to Namche Bazaar (3440m) through colourful Khumbu villages; Lodge accommodation or camping
Day 05: We take a day for acclimatization; you can hike to famous Everest View Hotel (3800m) (3hrs) to catch the view of Everest; back at Namche visit Hilary and Sherpa museum
Day 06: We trek 5hrs from Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3850m); visit significant Buddhist monastery; lodge accommodation or camping
Day 07: We trek 5hrs from Tengboche to Pheriche (4240m); catch glimpses of Lhotse and Ama Dablam; lodge accommodation or camping
Day 08: We trek 5hrs from Pheriche to Lobuche (4910m); we catch first glimses of Lobuche; lodge accommodation or camping
Day 09: We trek 5hrs from Lobuche to Kala Patthar via Gorakshep (5125m); lodge accommodation or camping at Gorak Shep
Day 10: We trek 5hrs from Gorak Shep to Everest Base Camp (5254m) and back to Gorakshep; lodge accommodation or camping
Day 11: We trek from Gorak Shep to Lobuche Base Camp (5200m); camping
Day 12: Acclimatization rest day at Lobuche Base Camp; preparation for the summit.
Day 13: We climb Lobuche East (6119m) summit and return to Base Camp (10hrs)
Day 14: We trek 5hrs from Lobuche Base Camp to Dingboche (4410m); lodge accommodation or camping
Day 15: We trek 5hrs from Dingboche to Namche Bazaar (3440m); lodge accommodation or camping
Day 16: We trek 7hrs from Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2840m) through scenic Khumbu; This last evening in the mountains is the ideal opportunity for a farewell party with our staff.
Day 17: We take again scenic flight from Lukla to Kathmandu, which takes about 35 minutes.
Day 18: Leisure day; sightseeing in Kathmandu (Durbar Square, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath, Pashupatinath); Fairwell-Celebration dinner
Day 19: Transfer to the airport for final departure or alternatively join other activities
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern, which we provide you. This Climbing/Expedition itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities (service) could be deducted and additional activities (service) could be added as per mutual understanding.
- Please Read Our Conditions: How to Book Lobuche Peak Climbing?
Price For the Trip:
- The cost of the peak/mountain Expedition depend group size, Category of the trip (full board / base camp Service), your desire (budget), Duration of the trip, categories of Hotel accommodation (budget to 5 star) in Capital city and parts of mountain, Climbing service above the base camp, the number of climbing guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer will direct affect and same peak/ mountain climbing expedition can be higher and lower prices.
- For those reason Please mail us for up to date prices for Lobuche Peak Climbing
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Snowy Horizon’s representative while arriving and departing.
- 4 Nights accommodations at 3/4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhnath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Flight Tickets for Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu sector to all climbing member and Staff.
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 30kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the peak.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Climbing permit for Lobuche East peak.
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing Period as per the size of group.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.)
- Our service Charges
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators. Though Snowy will provide the same, usage of Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators will be charged extra
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” SECTION