Manaslu Round Trek ( 21 days)
This Manaslu round trek was officially opened to tourists in 1991, but mountaineering expeditions have long had access to the area. In 1950 a party led by HW Tilman trekked from Thonje to Bimtang and Colonel Jimmy Roberts crossed the Larkya La looking for an interesting mountain to climb. Manaslu (8156m.) was attempted by Japanese expeditions every year from 1952 until 1956, when the first ascent was made. It thus became known as a 'Japanese mountain', and much of the information about the area was available only in Japanese. The Japanese continued to dominate the climbing scene on Manaslu until 1971.
Though the Larkya La is not a difficult pass, the trek around Manaslu is harder than most in Nepal. In many places the walls of the Budhi Gandaki valley are perpendicular, so you cannot walk along the bottom of the valley. There is a huge amount of wasted climbing involved during the first part of the trek as you climb up and down over ridges or onto shelves to bypass cliffs. The trail is rough and steep and it often literally hangs on a bluff high above the river. The trek is remote and has no rescue facilities or opportunities to bail out if you are tired. There is only one facility that might conceivably be called a trekkers' hotel, and there are few English signboards between Arughat and Tilje.
Manaslu And Annapurna Combined Trekking: (29th March -05th May -2011)
"Himalaya Mountains are the treasure of Nepal and the whole World !
In 2010 our team was lucky to see the Highest Mountain of Planet, and the beauty of Nature has made us fall in love to this place. There were no doubts that we will try to come back!
But in 2011 after Sagarmathha Park we was challenged to find more interesting root in Himalaya . And the Challenge was successfully mastered with help and professional support of SNOWY HORIZON TREKS AND EXPEDITION..........Read More
Itinerary Details of Manaslu Round Trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m)
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Gorkha (914m.) which takes approximately six hours. Then trek to Arughat, over night in Tent.
Day 03: Trek From Arughat to Khanchok(950m) ,which takes about five hours and over night in tent.
Day 04: Trek from Khanchok to Sotikhola (1165m),which takes about five hours overnight in the camp.
Day 05: Trek from Sotikhola to Machhakhola(1330m), which takes about five and half hours and over night in tent.
Day 06: Trek from Machhakhola to Jagat(1350m), Which takes about six hours and over night in the camp.
Day 07: Trek from Jagat to Ngyak(2300m), which takes about five hours and over night in the camp.
Day 08: Trek from Ngyak to Namrung(2550m), which takes about six hours and then over night in the camp.
Day 09: Trek from Namrung to Syalla village (3150m), Which takes about five hours and then over night in the camp.
Day 10: Trek from Syalla Village to Sama Gaun(3780m),Which Takes about seven hours and over night in the camp.
Day 11: Rest day at Sama Village for acclimatization.
Day 12: Trek from Samagaon to Samdo (3690m.) and it takes about four hours.
Day 13: Trek from Samdo to Larkya La Phedi (4460m.) which takes about three hours.
Day 14: Trek from Larkya La Phedi to Larkya La (Pass) (5135m.) to Bimthang (3590 m.) and it takes about seven hours.
Day 15: Trek from Bimthang to Dharapani (1860 m.) which takes about four hours.
Day 16: Trek from Dharapani to Jagat (1800m) which takes about six hours.
Day 17: Trek from Jagat to Nagdi (850m.) and it takes about four hours.
Day 18: Trek from Nagdi to Besishahar (823m.) which takes about four hours.
Day 19: Drive from Besisahar to Kathmandu, which takes about seven hours.
Day 20: Full day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley (DurbarSquare, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath) and Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 21: Final departure ,or alternative Join other activities
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport .
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek.
- Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) for Manaslu National park and Annapurna Conservation Area.
- Special Permit for National Park entry for Upper Mustang
- TIMS card(Trekking Information Management System) Permit
- Necessary staff during the trekking period With Experience Guide and Porter.
- 25 Kg Luggage free Per Person during the trekking.
- Complete camping /Trekking equipment for trekking.
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment
- Dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses are avilable Sharing with other member.
- Two member has one tent for camping during trekking period
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- An Experienced Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- English speaking Tour guide for Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour by private car / van.
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Manaslu Round trek?