Mera Peak Climbing (6,654m / 21,840ft)
Mera Peak (6476m) is one of the mountain peak which lies within the Himalayas of the Everest Region of Nepal. This mountain is classified as one of the trekking peak for peak climbing in Nepal. The major five peaks with over 8000m. from the summit after completing of Mera peak Climbing. They are: Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyo, Makalu, and Kanchenjunga. Several other beautiful peaks can also be viewed and enjoyed from its summit. This peak is comparatively easier for the climbers to experience expedition in Nepal. To make it more easier one can choose the standard route from its north face. This north face involves the walking through high altitude glacier. The ease of reaching this elevation might be a risk but, the weather and the condition of snow must be good for safety and success. Choosing the route from West or South face for Mera Peak Climbing must be the difficult ones. These both routes are to be found technically not sound.
The climbers who are experienced one can take the opportunity as straight forward ascent for this Mera peak climbing. Mainly due to the reason of being proper acclimatization to the high altitude it sounds hurdle for the new inexperienced climbers. The time must be sufficiently arranged for this Climbing to only such person who is physically fit to make a comfortable ascent. A portable altitude chamber, an oxen- meter and a satellite phone are to be managed for safety precaution during the period. Though, this is one of the highest peaks for trekking in Nepal, the expedition would also be suitable for a climber visiting the Himalayas for the first time. The keen hill walkers with some experience in previous days using crampons and ice-axe might also feel as their lifetime memory through this Mera Peak Climbing.
Snowy Horizon offers you full board package for this Mera Peak Mountaineering as a unique adventure including climbing permit from NMA and all other necessary logistics form arrival up to departure from Kathmandu. Upon your request we do also offer only base camp service of this peak climbing where the climber may arrange all required logistics for above the base camp. Yet the peak permit is provided by us. The route of this trek and expedition lies in Everest Region which is also known as Khumbu Area of Nepal’s mountaineering. We invite both the climbers requiring full board service or base camp service for this Mera Peak Climbing. Our service includes the proper maps of the trekking and climbing route, hygienic high altitude food cooked freshly by our experienced cooks, experienced and professional trekking and climbing Sherpas and guides, sufficient and quality logistics, properly arranged arrival and departure transfers, well managed accommodation and tours to Kathmandu valley.
Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition est une agence bien implantée en plus d'être des gens agréables et de travailler avec des guides de qualité.Rishi Bandari a su répondre avec rapidité et le plus de clarté possible à nos questions et nos attentes. En outre, sur place, ils ont su se montrer réactifs lorsque nous avons demandé des modifications, c'est une qualité que nous avons apprécié.....Read More
Itinerary Details of Mera Peak Climbing
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1350m) and Hotel transfer; last minute shopping in Kathmandu. In evening meet Climbing Sherpa guide and check our equipment and conduct last preparations for the trek
Day 02: We take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla(2800m) and spend the rest of the day in Lukla for acclimatization. Lodge accommodation
Day 03: Trek from Lukla to Chutanga(3050m) which take about four hours trek
Day 04: Trek from Chutanga to Tuli Kharka (Chatra-La) (3900m) which takes about six hours. You trek via Zatrawa La Pass (4610m) and downclimb to Khartitang at 3900m.
Day 05: Trek from Tuli Kharka to Kothe (4095m) this takes about five hours.
Day 06: Trek from Kothe to Tangnang (4,350m) which takes about four hours trek.
We will enjoy fantastic view of south face of Mera Peak throughout the day.
Day 07: Rest and acclimatization day at Thangnak. In the day you will visit Sabal Tsho Lake and take an acclimatization hike to the cairn (5271m) on the flank of Kusum Kangguru (6367m).
Day 08: Trek from Tangnang to Khare (5,045m): this takes about three and half hours.
Day 09:Trek and climb from Khare to Mera Base Camp (5300mthis takes about four to five hours. you all have to become familiar with using crampons, rope and ice axe.
Day 10: Trek and climb from Mera Base Camp to High camp (5,780m): 4-5hrs
Day 11: Summit Day; Mera High Camp to Summit (6,654m) and return to Khare.
Day 12: Trek from Khare to Kothe (3600m): This takes about five hours trek.
Day 13: Trek from Kothe to Thuli Kharka: this takes about six hours trek.
Day 14: Thuli Kharka to Lukla: via Zatrwa La pass. This is last evening in the mountains, the ideal opportunity for a farewell party with our staff.
Day 15: Early in the morning fly from Lukla to Kathmandu, which takes about 35 minutes, transfer to hotel. leisure and shopping day in Kathmandu;
Day 16: After breakfast sightseeing major world heritage sights in Kathamdu (Durbar square, Buddhist gompas, Swoyambhunath, Bouddhanath and Pashupatinathuide); Farewell-Celebration dinner with culture programin the evening.
Day 17: Transfer to the airport for final departure or alternatively join other activities.
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern, which we provide you. This Climbing/Expedition itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities (service) could be deducted and additional activities (service) could be added as per mutual understanding.
- Please Read Our Conditions: How to Book Mera Peak Climbing?
Price For the Trip:
- The cost of the peak/mountain Expedition depend group size, Category of the trip (full board / base camp Service), your desire (budget), Duration of the trip, categories of Hotel accommodation (budget to 5 star) in Capital city and parts of mountain, Climbing service above the base camp, the number of climbing guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer will direct affect and same peak/ mountain climbing expedition can be higher and lower prices.
- For those reason Please mail us for up to date prices for Mera Peak Climbing
- Four nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on B/B basis;
- Pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek and climbing period.
- Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek and tent will be available during the climbing period
- All camping equipment in Base camp;
- Flight Ticket from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu for member and Staff
- 30kg baggage allowance in flight and during trekking (with porter or yaks);
- 20kg baggage allowance returning from Base Camp;
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary;
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System) Permit
- Climbing permit for Mera Peak
- Necessary staff during the trekking and climbing period With Experience Guide and Porter.
- Necessary experienced Government license holder Climbing guide during climbing period as per group size
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Satellite phone will be available with guide with the cost of call at U$4 per minute;
- One tent will be available in the Base camp for 2 people on shared basis;
- High altitude food and all climbing crew will be available above base camp.
- Necessary fixed and dynamic ropes will be available during climbing period
- necessary kitchen crew will be available in base camp
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator will be provided
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot shower.
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Personal climbing equipment
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Ice fall fees Garbage Deposit (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies &Filming permit.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.