Mera Peak Climbing (6,654m)- Autumn 2013
Snowy Horizon offers full board package for these Mera Peak Climbing as a Classic adventure, which includes climbing permit from NMA, and all other necessary logistics form arrival up to departure from Kathmandu. We operate both Individual and Group Joining packages for this Mera Peak Climbing in coming autumn 2013 for which you can consider the below mentioned dates and schedules. Hence, we are happy to invite the climbers requiring full board service for the Mera Peak climbing autumn 2013. Our service includes the proper maps of the trekking and climbing route, hygienic high altitude food cooked freshly by our experienced cooks, experienced and professional trekking and climbing Sherpas and guides, sufficient and quality logistics, properly arranged arrival and departure transfers, well managed accommodation and tours to Kathmandu valley.
Mera is the Trekking Peak lies in the different part of Everest Region. Lukla (the typical Sherpa Village in Solukhumbu) attached with an Airport is the separator of the route between Mera Peak Climbing Trek and Everest Base Camp or Island Peak Climbing trek. There are bit more ups and downs to reach Mera Peak Base Camp compare to EBC trekking route. Hence this Mera Peak is classified one of the trekking peak of Nepal from which you can view the major five over 8000m Himalayas in closer distance.
Mera Peak is with the height of 6476m i.e. 21247 ft from the sea level and could be considered as the view point of Mt. Everest, Lhotse, Cho Oyu, Makalu and Kanchenjunga in their distance. Besides these higher mountains, several other beautiful peaks can also be viewed and enjoyed from the summit of Mera Peak. This peak is comparatively easier for the climbers to experience expedition in Nepal. To make it more easier one can choose the standard route from its north face. This north face involves the walking through high altitude glacier. The ease of reaching this elevation might be a risk but, the weather and the condition of snow must be good for safety and success. Choosing the route from West or South face for Mera Peak Climbing must be the difficult ones. These both routes are to be found technically not sound.
The climbers who are experienced can take the opportunity as straight forward ascent for this Mera peak climbing. Mainly due to the reason of being proper acclimatization to the high altitude it sounds like an obstacle for the new inexperienced climbers. The time must be sufficiently arranged for this Climbing only to the physically fit person to make a comfortable ascent. September to December and March to June are better period to climb Mera Peak for success to summit. A portable altitude chamber, an oxen- meter and a satellite phone (Optional) are to be managed for safety precaution during the climbing period. Though, this is one of the highest peaks for trekking Peak in Nepal, the expedition would also be suitable for a climber visiting the Himalayas for the first time with an official assistance of Snowy Horizon. The keen hill walkers with some experience in previous days using crampons and ice axe might also feel as their lifetime memory through this Mera Peak Climbing.
Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition est une agence bien implantée en plus d'être des gens agréables et de travailler avec des guides de qualité.Rishi Bandari a su répondre avec rapidité et le plus de clarté possible à nos questions et nos attentes. En outre, sur place, ils ont su se montrer réactifs lorsque nous avons demandé des modifications, c'est une qualité que nous avons apprécié.....Read More
Itinerary A: 20 September Departure Schedule
01 Oct/Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1350m) and Hotel transfer.
02 Oct/Day 02: last minute shopping in Kathmandu. In evening meet Climbing Sherpa guide and check our equipment and conduct last preparations for the trek
03 Oct/Day 03: We take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla(2800m) and spend the rest of the day in Lukla for acclimatization. Lodge accommodation
04 Oct/Day 04: Trek from Lukla to Chutanga(3050m) which take about four hours trek
05 Oct/Day 05: Trek from Chutanga to Tuli Kharka (Chatra-La) (3900m) which takes about six hours. You trek via Zatrawa La Pass (4610m) and downclimb to Khartitang at 3900m.
06 Oct/Day 06: Trek from Tuli Kharka to Kothe (4095m) this takes about five hours.
07 Oct/Day 07: Trek from Kothe to Tangnang (4,350m) which takes about four hours trek.
We will enjoy fantastic view of south face of Mera Peak throughout the day.
08 Oct/Day 08: Rest and acclimatization day at Thangnak. In the day you will visit Sabal Tsho Lake and take an acclimatization hike to the cairn (5271m) on the flank of Kusum Kangguru (6367m).
09 Oct/Day 09: Trek from Tangnang to Khare (5,045m): this takes about three and half hours.
10 Oct/Day 10: Trek and climb from Khare to Mera Base Camp (5300mthis takes about four to five hours. you all have to become familiar with using crampons, rope and ice axe.
11 Oct/Day 11: Trek and climb from Mera Base Camp to High camp (5,780m): 4-5hrs
12 Oct/Day 12: Summit Day; Mera High Camp to Summit (6,654m) and return to Khare.
13 Oct/Day 13: Trek from Khare to Kothe (3600m): This takes about five hours trek.
14 Oct/Day 14: Trek from Kothe to Thuli Kharka: this takes about six hours trek.
15 Oct/Day 15: Thuli Kharka to Lukla: via Zatrwa La pass. This is last evening in the mountains, the ideal opportunity for a farewell party with our staff.
16 Oct/Day 16: Early in the morning fly from Lukla to Kathmandu, which takes about 35 minutes, transfer to hotel. leisure and shopping day in Kathmandu;
17 Oct/Day 17: After breakfast sightseeing major world heritage sights in Kathamdu (Durbar square, Buddhist gompas, Swoyambhunath, Bouddhanath and Pashupatinathuide); Farewell-Celebration dinner with culture program in the evening.
18 Oct/Day 18: Transfer to the airport for final departure or alternatively join other activities.
Autumn 2013 Fixed Departures Date:
|Day||Itinerary Activities||Itinerary "B"||Itinerary "C"||Itinerary "D"|
|01:||Arrival/Hotel Transfer||OCT 09||OCT 28||NOV 05|
|02:||Briefings, Preparations||OCT 10||OCT 29||NOV 06|
|03-15:||Trek/Climbing Period||OCT 11-24||OCT 30-NOV11||NOV 07-19|
|16:||Flight Lukla to Kathandu||OCT 25||NOV 12||NOV 20|
|17:||Sightseeing/Leisure KTM||OCT 26||NOV 12||NOV 21|
|18:||Final departure||OCT 27||NOV 13||NOV 22|
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern, which we provide you. This Climbing/Expedition itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities (service) could be deducted and additional activities (service) could be added as per mutual understanding.
- Please Read Our Conditions: How to Book Mera Peak Climbing?
Price For the Trip:
- The cost of the peak/mountain Expedition depend group size, Category of the trip (full board / base camp Service), your desire (budget), Duration of the trip, categories of Hotel accommodation (budget to 5 star) in Capital city and parts of mountain, Climbing service above the base camp, the number of climbing guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer will direct affect and same peak/ mountain climbing expedition can be higher and lower prices.
- For those reason Please mail us for up to date prices for Mera Peak Climbing
- Four nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on B/B basis;
- Pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek and climbing period.
- Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek and tent will be available during the climbing period
- All camping equipment in Base camp;
- Flight Ticket from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu for member and Staff
- 30kg baggage allowance in flight and during trekking (with porter or yaks);
- 20kg baggage allowance returning from Base Camp;
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary;
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System) Permit
- Climbing permit for Mera peak
- Necessary staff during the trekking and climbing period With Experience Guide and Porter.
- Necessary experienced Government license holder Climbing guide during climbing period as per group size
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Satellite phone will be available with guide with the cost of call at U$4 per minute;
- One tent will be available in the Base camp for 2 people on shared basis;
- High altitude food and all climbing crew will be available above base camp.
- Necessary fixed and dynamic ropes will be available during climbing period
- necessary kitchen crew will be available in base camp
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator will be provided
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot shower.
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Personal climbing equipment
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Ice fall fees Garbage Deposit (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies &Filming permit.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.