Mera Peak Climbing (6,654m)- Spring 2014
Mera Peak with elevation of 6654m is the highest of official trekking peaks in Nepal. Nepal Mountaineering Association Nepal (NMA) has grouped this peak in the 'Group B' . Mera Peak is the highest of official trekking peaks (Group B NMA Peak). It is a very astonishing mountain with 3 summits North Mera (6,476m/ 21,240ft), Central Mera (6,654 m/ 21,840ft) and South Mera (6064m/ 19890ft). The summit of Mera Peak offers 360 degree unforgettable panoramic views of the Himalayas. It is faced with renowned peaks like Cho Oyu, Everest, Lhotse, Baruntse, Makalu, Ama Dablam, Kanchanjunga, Chamlang and Kangtega.
The north and south Mera peak is technically difficult peaks to get summit. We operates all three peak climbing program even though our standard climbing expedition is to Central Mera Peak due to safety considerations. On request we operate expedition to experienced mountaineering team those wishing to summit North Mera Peak and we not suggest to climb west and south faces of the peak which offers more difficult technical routes.
Mera peak climbing journey starts from Kathmandu with the flight of scenic Everest view for 45 minutes. Trekking through stunning valleys and classic vistas during the 11 days is possible to be on the base camp of Mera peak. The standard climbing route is somewhat strenuous even though, technically is not difficult and indeed very accessible to a beginner climber. As a part of our Mera Peak Trekking expedition our climbing guides would provide a basic snow climbing training to enable trekkers with athletic skills but no snow climbing experience to summit the Central Mera Peak.
Our professional and very helpful climbing guides, sherpas will fully support you to get success of Mera summit. We have designed you the itinerary keeping your safety and 100 percentage success of summit.
Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition est une agence bien implantée en plus d'être des gens agréables et de travailler avec des guides de qualité.Rishi Bandari a su répondre avec rapidité et le plus de clarté possible à nos questions et nos attentes. En outre, sur place, ils ont su se montrer réactifs lorsque nous avons demandé des modifications, c'est une qualité que nous avons apprécié.....Read More
Mera Peak Climbing for Spring 2014 Itinerary
18 Apr/Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport (1350m) and Hotel transfer; last minute shopping in Kathmandu. In evening meet Climbing Sherpa guide and check our equipment and conduct last preparations for the trek
19 Apr/Day 02: We take morning flight from Kathmandu to Lukla(2800m) and spend the rest of the day in Lukla for acclimatization. Lodge accommodation
20 Apr/Day 03: Trek from Lukla to Chutanga(3050m) which take about four hours trek
21 Apr/Day 04: Trek from Chutanga to Tuli Kharka (Chatra-La) (3900m) which takes about six hours. You trek via Zatrawa La Pass (4610m) and downclimb to Khartitang at 3900m.
22 Apr/Day 05: Trek from Tuli Kharka to Kothe (4095m) this takes about five hours.
23 Apr/Day 06: Trek from Kothe to Tangnang (4,350m) which takes about four hours trek.
We will enjoy fantastic view of south face of Mera Peak throughout the day.
24 Apr/Day 07: Rest and acclimatization day at Thangnak. In the day you will visit Sabal Tsho Lake and take an acclimatization hike to the cairn (5271m) on the flank of Kusum Kangguru (6367m).
25 Apr/Day 08: Trek from Tangnang to Khare (5,045m): this takes about three and half hours.
26 Apr/Day 09:Trek and climb from Khare to Mera Base Camp (5300mthis takes about four to five hours. you all have to become familiar with using crampons, rope and ice axe.
27 Apr/Day 10: Trek and climb from Mera Base Camp to High camp (5,780m): 4-5hrs
28 Apr/Day 11: Summit Day; Mera High Camp to Summit (6,654m) and return to Khare.
29 Apr/Day 12: Trek from Khare to Kothe (3600m): This takes about five hours trek.
30Apr/Day 13: Trek from Kothe to Thuli Kharka: this takes about six hours trek.
01 May/Day 14: Thuli Kharka to Lukla: via Zatrwa La pass. This is last evening in the mountains, the ideal opportunity for a farewell party with our staff.
02 May/Day 15: Early in the morning fly from Lukla to Kathmandu, which takes about 35 minutes, transfer to hotel. leisure and shopping day in Kathmandu;
03 May/Day 16: After breakfast sightseeing major world heritage sights in Kathamdu (Durbar square, Buddhist gompas, Swoyambhunath, Bouddhanath and Pashupatinathuide); Farewell-Celebration dinner with culture programin the evening.
04 May/Day 17: Transfer to the airport for final departure or alternatively join other activities.
Spring 2014 Mera Peak Fixed Departures Date:
|Day||Itinerary Activities||Itinerary "B"||Itinerary "C"||Itinerary "D"|
|01:||Arrival/Hotel Transfer||APR 11||APR 27||May 28|
|02:||Briefings, Preparations||APR 12||APR 28||May 29|
|03-16:||Trek/Climbing Period||APR 13- APR 26||APR 29- MAY 12||May 30- MAY 13|
|17:||Flight Lukla to Kathandu||APR 27||MAY 13||MAY 14|
|18:||Sightseeing/Leisure KTM||APR 28||MAY 14||MAY 15|
|19:||Final departure||APR 29||MAY 55||MAY 16|
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern, which we provide you. This Climbing/Expedition itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities (service) could be deducted and additional activities (service) could be added as per mutual understanding.
- Please Read Our Conditions: How to Book Mera Peak Climbing?
Price For the Trip:
- The cost of the peak/mountain Expedition depend group size, Category of the trip (full board / base camp Service), your desire (budget), Duration of the trip, categories of Hotel accommodation (budget to 5 star) in Capital city and parts of mountain, Climbing service above the base camp, the number of climbing guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer will direct affect and same peak/ mountain climbing expedition can be higher and lower prices.
- For those reason Please mail us for up to date prices for Mera peak Climbing
- Four nights Hotel accommodations in Kathmandu on B/B basis;
- Pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek and climbing period.
- Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek and tent will be available during the climbing period
- All camping equipment in Base camp;
- Flight Ticket from Kathmandu-Lukla-Kathmandu for member and Staff
- 30kg baggage allowance in flight and during trekking (with porter or yaks);
- 20kg baggage allowance returning from Base Camp;
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary;
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee)
- TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System) Permit
- Climbing permit for Mera peak
- Necessary staff during the trekking and climbing period With Experience Guide and Porter.
- Necessary experienced Government license holder Climbing guide during climbing period as per group size
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- Satellite phone will be available with guide with the cost of call at U$4 per minute;
- One tent will be available in the Base camp for 2 people on shared basis;
- High altitude food and all climbing crew will be available above base camp.
- Necessary fixed and dynamic ropes will be available during climbing period
- necessary kitchen crew will be available in base camp
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator will be provided
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot shower.
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Personal climbing equipment
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Ice fall fees Garbage Deposit (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies &Filming permit.
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.