News and Events
Natural Disaster Occurred in Mt. Manaslu
The first team of Mt. Manaslu Expedition is suffered by heavy avalanche between camp 3 and camp 4. The sources said that the team aimed for summit to Mt. Manaslu on Sunday the 23rd September 2012 in the morning at 04:00 hrs. Huge avalanche between camps 3 to 4 with the storm compelled to the climbers to suffer a heave casualty the sources said. Rescues by other group of climbers and climbing crews from camp 2 are underway. A reliable source informs us that about 6 dead bodies are rescued and 15-20 others are missing till 10 am this morning in the incident. The landslide from camp 3 came up to camp 2 and besides 8 tents everything are floating up to camp 2 from camp 3, the source said.
We are trying to find the fact about the casualties and other updated news every minute. We have confirmed that there is not any problem by the incident in Camp 1 and Camp 2. All climbers and climbing crews are safe up to Manaslu Base camp and Camp 1-camp 2. The “Snowy International Manaslu Expedition” team is safe and secure. The team is now involving in the rescue program for sufferer………..
- 11 has lost their life, 18 injured and some still missing at Manaslu
- Govt raises national park entry fees
- Nepal second peaceful nation in South Asia
- Entrepreneurs discuss Tibet issue
- Four climbers perish on Everest
- TAAN to mark 34th anniversary with various programs
- UN Gen Secy to visit Nepal in April
- Tourist arrivals up 14% in February
- TAAN to lead participation in Travel and Adventure Show
- The US says situation is normal for traveling Nepal