Paro Festival Tour ( 30th March to 06th April 2012)
Paro festival usually takes place in March or April each year, depending upon the Bhutanese lunar calendar. It is considered one of the most colorful and wonderful of Bhutan's many festivals and is very popular with visitors. Festival participants don ornamental dress and elaborate costumes that are worn just once a year. Other highlights of the Paro Festival include the Thongdrel on the last day. Paro Festival is one of the busiest festivals in Bhutan, dances are performed by trained monks and laymen wearing amazing costumes, experience the buzzing active lifestyle while visiting many historical sites in Bhutan. This festival is a time for Bhutanese to celebrate with their families and friends.
This itinerary offers an in-depth experience of Bhutan as you will be witnessing one of the greatest of Bhutan’s glorious Himalayan Buddhist dance festivals known as Paro Tsechu. As spring warms the mountains, the dancers in magnificent masks and brilliant silk costumes take on the aspects of peaceful and wrathful deities as they illustrate and re-enact Buddhist teachings and legends. Spring is a beautiful time in Paro, with flowers and blooming trees scenting the air of the peaceful mountain valleys, serene and lovely beneath the snow-covered peaks high above. Thongdrel is a huge religious scroll, usually with the image of Bhutanese protector deity, Guru Rimpoche, appliqué ½d in bright silk. The scroll is lowered on the last day of the Festival in the early hours of the morning, and is rolled back up before direct sunlight touches it. Besides the Paro valley and the festival this Paro Festival tour will also visit Thimphu, the capital of Bhutan and the Punakha and Wangdu valleys driving over the Dochu la pass.
- Download & Print
- Previous Groups & Photos
Everest Base Camp and Kalapather Trek -Autumn 2009
We have very much impressed with Mr. Bhandari when we met him in Kathmandu Airport with his personnel and Wel-come us in Nepal with his open heart. We had three wonderful weeks in Nepal with ceramal guide and possessor of Snowy Horizon Treks & Expedition Mr. Rishi Bhandari. We were the first Clients of this company but we never be aware of that Snowy Horizon is newly established Company. We feel proud to describe the experiences owned by ourselves with Mr. Bhandari and his company. We have been trekking Everest base camp area with Mr. Bhandari, which had . .....Read More
Paro Festival Itinerary
30th March/Day 01: Flight from Kathmandu to Paro Transfer to Hotel.
Fly from Kathmandu to Paro by Buddha or Druk Air and Transfer to Hotel. During the Flight Duration you will have great opertunatly to see left hand side of the plane breath taking views of Mount Everest, Kanchenjunga and other famous Himalayan peaks, including the sacred Mount Jhomolhari and Jichu Drake in Bhutan. When you arrive in Paro our representative will be pick up you from paro airport after immigration formalities and baggage arrival. Our representative transfers you to hotel. The day starts with a visit to the National Museum, housed in the Ta Dzong. Just a short walk downhill lays the dominating Paro Dzong, a fine example of Bhutanese historic architecture. From the Dzong, the tour crosses Nyamai Zampa, and then driven to the town temple.Overnight at Paro
31st March/Day 02: Drive from Paro to Satsam Chorten
Drive towards Satsam Chorten a while and then a short hike uphill through beautiful pine forest spotted with prayer flags on ridges to Taktsang monastery. The oral tradition has it that Guru Padmasambhava, in 747 AD, flew here on the back of a flying tiger, Dorji Drolo, said to be his favourite consort. Visit the ruins of the Drukgyal Dzong built in 1647. On the way back, visit Kichu Lhakhang built in 659 A.D by the Tibetan king Srongsen Gampo, Rimpung Dzong, National Museum Ta Dzong, etc.
01April– 05th April/Day 03-07: Festival Activities
Visits to Paro Festival which is held in an open air courtyard next to the impressive Paro Dzong. Witness the religious masked and cultural dances amongst colourful Bhutanese villagers. You also have time to visit Paro valley and hike up to Takshang Monastery. Hotel in Paro. Witness the festival with a visit to the Paro Dzong(Fortress) where the Masked dance and dramas of this typical Buddhist festival are going on. Your Guide will explain the festival dances to you and you just mix with the locals and enjoy yourself as one of the Bhutanese people.Early morning visit festival for the viewing the Thondrel – the great Buddhist Thanka scroll dedicated to Guru Padmashambava. Spend the rest of the morning at the festival viewing masked dances and ritual activities and just mingle with the Paro locals and spend your time as you wish at the festival court yard. all night In Paro.
06th April/Day08: Final Departure or alternatively join other program
After early breakfast at the hotel, drive to the airport for flight to your onward destination. Our representative will help you with exit formalities in Paro airports.
- the above itinerary is a guideline and standard suggested pattern chosen by majority of our customers. Your final itinerary will be customised according to your available time and requirements.
- the final itinerary duration and schedule may be reduced or extend depending on your time, budget, your fitness, class of service or any other preferences. The quote will be provided for you initial requirements and can be adjusted with mutual agreement should you require modifying these requirements.
- Indian and Bangladesh Nationality are not required for Bhutan visa. So we did not charge visa cost for those Nation client.
- Other Nation should required to pay $30.00 per person for visa cost.
- For further information please read: How to book Trip in Bhutan?
Cost For the Trip:
The price for your selected Tour/trekking will vary depending on group size, trip category (bed and breakfast/ full board), your budget, individualised itinerary, accommodation (budget to 5 star), the number of guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer and many other factors. The price range for the same trip can vary widely so if you would like to discuss your requirements with us we will provide you a very competitive price
Please e-mail us for up-to-date prices for Paro Festival Trip
- 05/06 days full board package in Tourist standard Hotel in Bhutan
- Arrival Pick up and Departure drop from Paro Airport.
- All land transportation by luxury vehicle, depending upon group size
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the tour.
- Accommodation of Lodges, Hotel during the tour
- All kind of Permit, National Park entry fee, and movement charge
- Private Vehicle Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary
- Guide and Private vehicles will be available for paro and Thimpu Sightseeing as per above Itinerary
- Group medical supplies (First Aid kit )
- Escorted English speaking tour guide during the tour period as per Itinerary.
- Entrance Fees to museum and monuments during festival.
- Bottle of mineral water during long road drive.
- Evening tea with snacks
- All hotel taxes/ service charges
- Farewell Dinner in before departure.
- Our service charges
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- International and domestic Flight Ticket
- Alcoholic beverages, Bhutan visa fee & Personal nature expenses
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Bhutan visa fees US $ 30 Per person ( to be paid with tour payment)
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Paro Festival Tour?