Paro Festival Tour ( 9 Nights 10 Days)-(11-15 Aril 2015)
- What is Paro Festival (Tshechu)?
Paro Festival (Tshechu) is one of the biggest religious celebrations of the Kingdom of Bhutan as per Bhutanese calendar. The Festival has been held annually since the 17th century when Zhabdrung Ngawang Namgyel, the founder of the state of Bhutan, and the Ponpo Rigzin Nyingpo initiated the festival together with the consecration of Paro Dzong (fortress) in 1644. The 5 day celebration of Paro festival is observed in three parts-pre festival rituals a day before the festival, ceremonies are undertaken on the first day inside the Paro Dzong, and the main festivities at the festival ground on the remaining 4 days.
The Tshechu is a festival in honor of Padmashambhava "one who was born from a lotus flower", popularly known under the name of "Guru Rimpoche" the Precious Teacher of Buddhism. The Indian saint Guru Rimpoche" contributed enormously to the diffusion of Tantric Buddhism in the Himalayan region of Tibet, Nepal, and Bhutan, etc at around 800 A.D. The biography of Guru Rimpoche is highlighted by 12 episodes on the model of the Shakyamuni Buddha's life. Each episode is commemorated around the year on the 10th day of the month by "the Tshechu" which has become the name of a very popular festival. The dates and the duration of the festival vary from one district to another but they always take a place on or around the 10th day of the month according to the Bhutanese calendar.
Program List of the 5 Day -Paro Festival
- Dance of the Lord of Death and his Consort (Shinje Yab Yum)
- Dance of Lords of Cremations Grounds ( Durdag )
- Dance of Black Hats ( Shanag)
- Dance of Drum from Dramistse (Dramitse Nacham)
- Dance of Eight kinds of Spirits (Degye )
- Religious Song (Choosey)
- Dance of the Lord of Death and His Consort (Shinje Yab Yum)
- Dance of Black Hats with Drums (Shanag Nga Cham)
- Dance of three kinds of Ging with Sticks (Gynging)
- Dance of Lord of Cremation Ground (Durdag)
- Dance of three kinds of Ging with Drums (Driging)
- Dance of three kinds of Ging with Drums (Ngaging)
- Dance of Stage and the Hounds (Shawa Shacha) 1st part
- Dance of the Lords of the Cremation Grounds (Durdag)
- Dance of Terrifying Deities (Tungam)
- Dance of Heroes with six kinds of Ornaments (Guan Drug Pawo) Kyacham
- Dance of Novel man and Ladies Lencham
- Dance of Stag and Hounds (2nd part) (Shawa Shacha)
- Dance of Lord of Death and His Consort (Shinje Yab Yum,)
- Dance of four Stags (Sha Tsam)
- Dance of Judgment of the Dead (Raksha Mangcham)
- Dance of the Drums from Dramitse ( Dramitse Nga Cham)
- Early morning the great Thanka (Thongdrol) is shown and Shugdrel Ceremony is performed.
- Dances of the Heroes (Pacham)
- Dance of Ging and Tsholing
- Dance of the Eight Manifestations of Guru Rinpoche (Guru Tshen Gye)
- Dance of the Sixteen Fairies
- Religious Song (Choosey)
- Download & Print
- Previous Groups & Photos
Everest Base Camp and Kalapather Trek -Autumn 2009
We have very much impressed with Mr. Bhandari when we met him in Kathmandu Airport with his personnel and Wel-come us in Nepal with his open heart. We had three wonderful weeks in Nepal with ceramal guide and possessor of Snowy Horizon Treks & Expedition Mr. Rishi Bhandari. We were the first Clients of this company but we never be aware of that Snowy Horizon is newly established Company. We feel proud to describe the experiences owned by ourselves with Mr. Bhandari and his company. We have been trekking Everest base camp area with Mr. Bhandari, which had . .....Read More
Paro Festival Itinerary
April 10: Day 01:
Fly from Kathmandu to Paro, day excursion and overnight at Hotel
April 11-13: Day 02-04:
Paro Festival "Tshechu" Experiences (1st to 3rd Days of Tshechu), overnight at hotel in Paro.
April 14: Day 05:
A day hike to Taktsang Gompa (Tiger’s Nest Monastery) and back to Hotel in Paro.
April 15: Day 06:
Paro Tshechu and Paro-Thimpu (5th Day of Festival-54 km, 1 hr), overnight at Thimpu.
April 16: Day 07:
Whole Day Excursion to Thimpu and overnight at Hotel.
April 17: Day 08:
Drive and tour Thimpu to Punakha/Wangdue (71 km, 2 1/2 hr), overnight at Hotel.
April 18: Day 09:
Whole day exploration to Punakha and Wangdue, overnight at Hotel.
April 19: Day 10:
Drive and sightseeing from Punakha/Wangdue to Thimpu, overnight at Thimpu.
April 20: Day 11:
Thimpu Excursion and drive from Thimpu to Paro, overnight at Paro.
April 21: Day 12:
Fly from Paro to Kathmandu or alternatively join the next program.
- the above itinerary is a guideline and standard suggested pattern chosen by majority of our customers. Your final itinerary will be customised according to your available time and requirements.
- the final itinerary duration and schedule may be reduced or extend depending on your time, budget, your fitness, class of service or any other preferences. The quote will be provided for you initial requirements and can be adjusted with mutual agreement should you require modifying these requirements.
- Indian and Bangladesh Nationality are not required for Bhutan visa. So we did not charge visa cost for those Nation client.
- Other Nation should required to pay $30.00 per person for visa cost.
- For further information please read: How to book Trip in Bhutan?
Cost For the Trip:
The price for your selected Tour/trekking will vary depending on group size, trip category (bed and breakfast/ full board), your budget, individualised itinerary, accommodation (budget to 5 star), the number of guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer and many other factors. The price range for the same trip can vary widely so if you would like to discuss your requirements with us we will provide you a very competitive price
Please e-mail us for up-to-date prices for Paro Festival Trip
- 05/06 days full board package in Tourist standard Hotel in Bhutan
- Arrival Pick up and Departure drop from Paro Airport.
- All land transportation by luxury vehicle, depending upon group size
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the tour.
- Accommodation of Lodges, Hotel during the tour
- All kind of Permit, National Park entry fee, and movement charge
- Private Vehicle Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary
- Guide and Private vehicles will be available for paro and Thimpu Sightseeing as per above Itinerary
- Group medical supplies (First Aid kit )
- Escorted English speaking tour guide during the tour period as per Itinerary.
- Entrance Fees to museum and monuments during festival.
- Bottle of mineral water during long road drive.
- Evening tea with snacks
- All hotel taxes/ service charges
- Farewell Dinner in before departure.
- Our service charges
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- International and domestic Flight Ticket
- Alcoholic beverages, Bhutan visa fee & Personal nature expenses
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Bhutan visa fees US $ 30 Per person ( to be paid with tour payment)
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Paro Festival Tour?