Seti River Rafting Adventure
Nepal is home to eight out of the fourteen highest peaks in the world. So many white rivers are originated from such mountains. All this makes a wealth of unlimited opportunities for Great River rafting, kayaking, Nepal has something to offer to everyone. We are proud to share our wonderful country, culture and our many years of experience in this field with you and give you an excellent opportunity to explore the remote countryside which is never possible without river trips.
The Seta is an excellent 2 days trip in an isolated area, where beautiful jungle, plenty of easy rapids and fantastic Himalayan scenery. The river is an excellent for beginners, intermediate, learner and family trip. The trip starts at Damauli about 6 hours drive from Kathmandu or 1.5 hours drive from Pokhara. First you will drive from Kathmandu to Damauli early in the morning. Damauli is the starting point of this trip. When we stop for lunch we have time to explore, Photograph, bird watching, swim or relax. Later in the afternoon we encounter a small but technical rapid near the village of Saranghat. Inhabited by Magars, who are renowned for generations of service with the Gurkha forces, Saranghat is a colorful middle hills village. Our first night we will set up camp on a spacious beach below the village.
On your second day, after having breakfast and repacked the raft, we will set off down the Seti River. Later we encounter the technical rapid grade 3 shortly after the rapid we leave Seti Khola and enter Trisuli River. The twisted severe rock formations give away to sandstone and gavel deposited by antecedent Rivers. After lunch we have opportunity to visit a unique religious community, Devhgat, Thousands of pilgrims visit the ashram to worship every year. At this point Kali Gandaki joins the Trisuli River. The river now becomes the Narayani River. We float further down to a small town Narayanghat where we end our rafting trip and onward journey to Kathmandu/Pokhara and Chitwan National Park..
When we were in Nepal in 2008 for island peak climbing Mr. Rishi was with us as our Expedition Manager. We are really proud with him that this times to found him as a Managing Director of Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition.
We would like to thank Mr Rishi for this incredible experience, we highly recommend his company and guide .....Read More
Trishuli River Rafting Itinerary
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu or Pokhara to Damauli, which are 150km from Kathmandu and 50 km from Pokhara. Our rafting guide will brief you regarding river and how to raft on white water. After short rafting trip our kitchen crew prepare Lunch after enjoy with lunch continue two hour rafting and camp at Corridor of jungle near the riverbank. Over night at tent camp.
Day 02: Rafting from Corridor of jungle nears the riverbanks to Gaighat; rafting till 3 PM (approx.) and after finished the fart drive back to onward destination Chitwan national Park, Kathmandu or pokhara.
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This rafting can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- Airport transfers in Kathmandu
- Full board tent accommodation on Twin Sharing Bases during the Rafting
- Surface Transportation as per itinerary
- Meals, western style and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River rafting Permit for Seti River
- Necessary equipment such as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles
- All necessary safety and medical equipment
- Safety rescue kayak with the guide
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Experienced professional guides/leader
- All necessary documentation, Service charge and Government Taxes
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extended visa service (if necessary)
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina)
- Hotel, lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Domestic and International Airfare.
- Nepal entry visa fee. Visa can be obtained on the arrival at Kathmandu airport or any official border entry point to Nepal.
- Alcoholic beverages, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet.
- Hotel accommodations and meals if you choose to stay at the hotel anywhere during whole trip
- All kind of Personal Expenses