Simikot Kailash Mansarovar Tour (16/17 Days )
Mount Kailash (6,714M) the illustrious holy peak is situated in western Tibet in China. Mt. Kailash is an unexplained and astonish mountain for travelers. This celebrated mountain is revered by four different religions and is regarded as the most sacred pilgrimage destination in Asia. Hindus and the Tibetan Buddhists regard Mt. Kailash as the earthly manifestation of Mt. Meru, their spiritual centre of the Universe. On top is the abode of God Shiva, the widely worshipped Hindu God. Kailash peak and Manasarover Lake are situated at 4500 meter above sea level; it is at the highest elevation on the Tibetan plateau. It is the source of holy rivers of south Asia like Indus, Sutlej, Brahamaputra and Karnali. Despite its barren and dry features the lake and the mountain has magnetic influence to devotees and visitors alike.
The journey starts from Simikot, travel to Yari, cross a high pass at Nara La and descend to Humla Karnali River to reach the border village of Hilsa and Khojarnath. Drive to the region’s trading center at Taklakot (Purang). Green and wet monsoon weather changes to dry, cold and sunshine at the plateau. The sky there is deep blue with scattered cloud. After Taklakot drive to Manasarove,Lake and onward to Darchen. Walk around Mt. Kailash and drive back to the border for the return to Nepal.
- Download & Print
- Previous Groups & Photos
We found Snowy Horizon treks and expedition by Google search: treks and expedition in Nepal and they had arranged our trip in Kailash Mansarover and beautiful city pokharaTour! This is our first trip in Kailash Tibet and maybe we are the first Jordanian group who did Kailash mansarover Tour. We are very happy with Mr. Bhandari and his professional service more than we expected.Our Nepali Guide Bibek pandey and Snowy Horizon Kitchen staff is very experience and cooked every day different and delicious food for us. We have get 24 hours hot and cold drinks .....Read More
Itinerary Details of Kailash Mansarovar Tour
Day 01: Arrival Transfer to Hotel
Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m)
Day 02: Rest and prepare day for assignment & briefing.
We provide Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley ((DurbarSquare, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath)
Day 03: Fly from Kathmandu to Nepalganj
Today we take the ninety minute flight to Nepalgunj in the far south west of Nepal. It is a busy crowded city which lies close to the Indian border.
Day 04: Fly From Nepalgunj to Simikot trek to Dhara Pokhari (2300m)
This morning we fly north for about 50 minutes to Simikot, the headquarters of Nepal's most remote district, Humla. After meeting our crew, we set off on our trek, climbing up from the airstrip on a rocky trail past fields of barley and wheat. We ascend a forested ridge above the town of Simikot, before making a long steep descent past Dandaphoya. The trail is then fairly level, through walnut and apricot trees, until we come to the scattered village of Dhara Pokhari which is divided by the Yakba Khola.
Day 05: Trek from Dhara Pokhari to Salli Khola (2700m)
Leaving our campsite, we cross a long scree slope and follow the river to a waterfall near the shepherds' camp at Chachera. We then climb over a ridge and bypass the village of Kermi before entering a big valley with walled fields of potato and buckwheat. After walking through a sparse pine forest we descend from the ridge to the Salli Khola and camp by the river.
Day 06: Trek from Salli Khola to Muchu (2920m)
We cross the river and climb over a rocky ridge before descending to the grey waters of the Humla Karnali. After crossing another ridge we come to a sandy meadow where goat herders often camp by the river. Beyond the meadow the valley narrows and we cross several more ridges, passing the villages of Yalbang and Yangar. The trail then winds its way precariously above the river before we cross a suspension bridge to the village of Muchu.
Day 07: Rest day at Muchu
Today is a rest day which we'll spend in and around Muchu, exploring the village with its stone houses and gompa.
Day 08: Trek from Muchu to Sipsip (4330m)
From Muchu, we follow the trail over a ridge to the Tumkot Khola and then walk along the rocky stream bed for a short distance before beginning a steep climb through a rock-filled gully. We pass through Palbang and its bright yellow mustard fields to the small settlement of Yari and beyond here the route climbs up the valley towards a pass, the Nara Lagna. We camp below the pass in a meadow known as Sipsip.
Day 09: Trek from Sipsip to Hilsa (3720m)
From Sipsip we ascend steeply to a rock cairn marking the top of the Nara Lagna (4580m. Descending from the pass, we have views of the Tibetan Plateau before arriving at the village of Ranipauwa. Beyond here, we slip and slide on a surface of loose pebbles down to the Humla Karnali
Day 10: Drive from Hilsa to Taklakot (3930m)
Shortly after crossing the Nepal/Tibet border which is marked only by a stone pillar, we meet our transport and drive via Khojar Nath ( Temple of Rama, Saita and Laxman) Takla kot is the large trading centre of west Nepal Tibet border.
Day 11: Drive from Taklakot Holy-Manasarovar
At 14950-ft/ 4558m. Today you will be sent to the highest lake of fresh water with turquoise complexion in the world is full of fishes and swans. Holy Kailash Parbat, Mt. Gurula-Mandala, Lake Rashekshi are lying on its surrounding. The region is considered rich for gold and other mines, hot springs and hundreds of wild living creatures. Night will be spending at Chu Gumba.
Day 12: Lake Mansarovar to Darchen (4,550 mt.)
After your Holy Bath and Puja at Lake Mansarovar, drives to Darchen which is around 30 km away and should approximately take an hour to reach. The remaining day is for you to spend at leisure. Overnight at guest house.
Day 13: Darchen to Dirapuk (4,765 mt.) for the Kailash Parbat Parikrama / Pradakshina
Today, you start your holy trek (Parikrama / Kora) in which you circumambulate Mt. Kailash. You begin with an hour’s drive towards Dirapuk, after which you have to trek for approximately four hours to reach Dirapuk. The trek offers myriad views the western face of Mt. Kailash and its fantastically changing hues at sunrise and sunset. Also, for aged travelers and those not able to undertake the trek for fitness concerns, we can arrange a horse ride or a yak ride provided we are informed for the same well in advance. Overnight at a tent camp.
Day 14: Dirapuk to Zutul-puk (5,610 mt.)
Trek from Dirapuk to Zutul-puk via the Drolma-la Pass which takes approximately eight to nine hours to complete. En-route, you will also pass Shivasthal, one of the highest point in your trek and if legend is to be believed, where Lord Shiva and his wife Parvati used to sit. Overnight at tent camp.
Day 15: Zutul-puk to Darchen (4,550 mt.) and on to Lake Mansarovar (4,560 mt.)
Trek from Zutul-puk to Darchen, which should take you around four hours, to finish your circumambulation of Mt. Kailash. You will then drive to Lake Mansarovar which you should reach in approximately an hour. Overnight at tent camp.
Day 16: Lake Mansarovar to Paryang (4,750 mt.)
Drive from Mansarovar to Paryang which is around 260 km away and should approximately take six to seven hours to reach. Overnight at hotel or guest house.
Day 17: Paryang to Saga (4,580 mt.)
Drive from Paryang to Saga which is around 255 km away and should approximately take seven hours to reach. Overnight at hotel or guest house.
Day 18: Saga to Nyalam (3,700 mt.)
Drive from Saga to Nyalum which is around 155 km away and should approximately take four hours to reach. Overnight at hotel or guest house.
Day 19: Nyalam to Kathmandu via Kodari Border (720 mt.)
Leave early in the morning and drive to the Kodari Border which should take approximately two hours to reach. After completing the immigration formalities, you will then cross the border and drive approximately for four to five hours to reach Kathmandu. Overnight stay in a hotel including a Nepalese cultural programme in the evening and farewell dinner.
Day 20: Kathmandu to Your Port of Destination
Today is the last day of an exhilarating part of your life as you leave Kathmandu. We will transfer you to the international airport and wish you goodbye.
- the above itinerary is a guideline and standard suggested pattern chosen by majority of our customers. Your final itinerary will be customised according to your available time and requirements.
- the final itinerary duration and schedule may be reduced or extend depending on your time, budget, your fitness, class of service or any other preferences. The quote will be provided for you initial requirements and can be adjusted with mutual agreement should you require modifying these requirements.
- For further information please read: How to book Trip in Nepal?
Price for the Trip:
The price for your selected Tour/trekking will vary depending on group size, trip category (bed and breakfast/ full board), your budget, individualised itinerary, accommodation (budget to 5 star), the number of guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer and many other factors. The price range for the same trip can vary widely so if you would like to discuss your requirements with us we will provide you a very competitive price
Please e-mail us for up-to-date prices for Island Peak Climbing Trip
Tibet Group Visa Cost Per Person
|Nationality||Ordinary Cost||Urgent Cost||Top Urgent Cost|
|Europina:||US $ 50.00||US$ 65.00||US$ 85.00|
|American:||US $140.00||US$ 115.00||US$ 175.00|
|Romanian:||US $ 72.00||US$ 82.00||US$ 90.00|
|Servian:||US $ 60.00||US$ 72.00||US$ 85.00|
|Other Nation:||US $ 50.00||US$ 65.00||US$ 85.00|
- Five night's accommodation in Kathmandu 4 star standard Hotel on B/B basic.
- Complete camping equipment for Round Kailash tours.
- Full board hotel in route to Tibet side (bed & breakfast, Lunch, dinner)
- Food during Tour Period as per Itinerary in Kailash & Mansarovar (yatra)
- Tibet visa, mount kailash round permit & Travel Permit
- Flight ticket from Kathmandu-Nepalgunj-Kathmandu.
- All staff during Kailash tour (yatra) Period with Experience Guide.
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- Cargo clearance & Duties fee Service.
- Above mention staffs daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance
- Dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses for tour period Sharing with other member
- Emergency Oxygen- Mask and regulator (If client use then they have to pay full of cost)
- Satellite phone is available with guide if you want to use per minute $4 dollars.
- Fresh food cooked by our cook, meal will be pure vegetarian & Non vegetarian
- 4WD 4500 model Japanese Land Cruser for transportation in Tibet and support truck for carry food and luggage's.
- Tourist Vehicles available for transportation( Tatopani Kathmand )
- Farewell Dinner in before departure.
- Our service charges
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and Dinner in kathmandu
- International Flight Ticket
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required & Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Personal nature expenses
- Rescue jeep if some one go back earlier than group due to any reason
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu US$ 50 per person on B/B Basis
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Waki talkies &Filming permit.
- Personal clothes, Sleeping bag, and Down Jacket.
- Emergency Hiring porter
- Re entry, Visa cost.
- Nepal custom duty for import of expedition goods.
- Rescue Jeep cost US$ 800.00
- Assistance for Cargo clearance (Custom duty fees to be paid by clients)
- Personal equipment & Insurance.
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Kailash Mansarovar Tour?