Tamur River Rafting
The Tamur and its tributaries drain the snows of Kanchenjunga third highest peak in the world. The river is the sixth largest river in Nepal and seems to have a feeling of thrusting power and of being constrained by its valley sides.
Tamur and its tributaries have a steep gradient and are probably only of interest to expedition kayakers. Downstream from Dobhan the gradient is more reasonable, but the river profile is unusual in that the river is steeper in the last 30km before its confluence with the Sun Koshi. The Kabelli River adds about a quarter to the volume of the river but from here down there are no substantial tributaries.
The valley itself is beautiful and un-spoilt with relatively few villages and little agriculture. Valley sides are well wooded there are good beaches for camping and plentiful signs of wildlife. Local people are a fascinating collage of tribes and castes. Local don’t see lot of westerners and are very welcoming.
When we were in Nepal in 2008 for island peak climbing Mr. Rishi was with us as our Expedition Manager. We are really proud with him that this times to found him as a Managing Director of Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition.
We would like to thank Mr Rishi for this incredible experience, we highly recommend his company and guide .....Read More
Itinerary Details of Tamur River Rafting
Day 01: Drive from Kathmandu to Basantapur via Dharan.
Day 02: Arrive Basantapur and prepare for trekking and camp.
Day 03: Trek from Basantapur to Mangalbare about 5 hours and camp.
Day 04: Trek from mangalbare to Guphapokhari about 5 hours and camp.
Day 05: Trek from Guphapokhari to Gorja about 5 hours and camp.
Day 06: Trek from Gorja to Dobhan about 3 hours and camp.
Day 07: Rafting starts from Dobhan at Tamor river. Run class 4/5 rapids and camp at Kabelidobhan.
Day 08: Rafting from Kabelidobhan to whitewater section and camp nearby Koya River bank.
Day 09: Raft from Koya down calm section and camp at Dumre.
Day 10: Rafting the continuos whitewater rapids of Tamor river and camp near Tribenighat
Day 11: Rafting about 3 hours and finish at Chatara. Drive back to Kathmandu.
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This rafting can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- Airport transfers in Kathmandu
- Full board tent accommodation on Twin Sharing Bases during the Rafting
- Surface Transportation as per itinerary
- Meals, western style and continental food (breakfast, lunch, dinner) during your rafting trip
- River rafting Permit for Tamur
- Flight ticket from Kathmandu to Tumlingtar
- Necessary equipment such as high quality self-bailing rafts, lifejackets, helmets, plastic paddles
- All necessary safety and medical equipment
- Safety rescue kayak with the guide
- Food, accommodation, insurance for all staff and their transportation
- Experienced professional guides/leader
- All necessary documentation, Service charge and Government Taxes
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extended visa service (if necessary)
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina)
- Hotel, lunch and dinner in Kathmandu.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- International Airfare.
- Nepal entry visa fee. Visa can be obtained on the arrival at Kathmandu airport or any official border entry point to Nepal.
- Alcoholic beverages, mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internet.
- Hotel accommodations and meals if you choose to stay at the hotel anywhere during whole trip
- All kind of Personal Expenses