Tibet Fly in Overland Tour (07/08 Days)
Tibet is a land as abstruse as that millions of pilgrims all embrace it as the world center of holiness. But it's natural enough for Tibet, for that the Himalayas has been the venue of rich legends and myths since a time, for that the river Brahmaputra is running the same way as it surged before mankind, and Ngari, the region known as the Roof of the World, that strikes associations with the heaven
Tibet enlightens you, and insight is interpreted everywhere. The all-year-round ice and snow that cover and seal this land and the subtle blinking waves of lakes betray it. It is echoes through murmuring prayers floating in the air between temples invisible among mountains and lakes. In front of the majestic Guge Dynasty relics, you feel the time backing. On the vast grassland, hearing the neighs of troops of free wild horses, you produce an admiration to the crude life in Tibet as it has been.
Exploration of the Tibetan capital, you visit the Potala (open on wed, Fri and sun), the monumental palace of Kings and Dalai Lamas, with its numerous chapels. The view of the holy city from the roofs is unforgettable. Excursion to the Sera and Drepung monasteries, which were amidst the largest monastic institutions in the world. The Chorten tombs of three Dalai Lamas are sited at Drepung. A serum is one of the best-preserved monasteries in Tibet.
- Download & Print
- Previous Groups & Photos
Everest Base Camp and Kalapather Trek -Autumn 2009
We have very much impressed with Mr. Bhandari when we met him in Kathmandu Airport with his personnel and Wel-come us in Nepal with his open heart. We had three wonderful weeks in Nepal with ceramal guide and possessor of Snowy Horizon Treks & Expedition Mr. Rishi Bhandari. We were the first Clients of this company but we never be aware of that Snowy Horizon is newly established Company. We feel proud to describe the experiences owned by ourselves with Mr. Bhandari and his company. We have been trekking Everest base camp area with Mr. Bhandari, which had . .....Read More
Itinerary Details of Tibet Fly in Overland Tour
Day 01: Arrival Transfer to Hotel
Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m)
Day 02: Rest and prepare day for assignment & briefing.
We provide Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley ((DurbarSquare, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath)
Day 03: Kathmandu to Lhasa (3,650 mt)
A Snowy Horizon Treks representative will be waiting for your flight, of an hour or so in duration and over the majestic Himalayan Mountains, to land and welcome you to Lhasa. Lhasa is situated on the north bank of Kyi-chu River and in the Tibetan language means "Place of the Gods". You will then be transferred to your hotel and assisted in the check-in process as well. Rest is important today as you acclimatize to the rarefied atmosphere of this high altitude city. Overnight at hotel.
Day 04: Sightseeing in and around Lhasa
After breakfast, visit Potala Palace and after lunch visit Jokhang Temple & Barkhor Market. The Potala Palace, the erstwhile home of the Dalai Lama, was built in 637 AD atop a single hill by the Tibetan king, Songtsen Gampo. Jokhang Monastery, situated in the heart of Old Lhasa, houses Tibet's most precious religious relic, a golden Sakyamuni Buddha which was brought as a gift by the Chinese Princess Wencheng on the occasion of her wedding to the Tibetan King, Songtsen Gampo. Overnight at hotel.
Day 05: Sightseeing in and around Lhasa
After breakfast visit Drepung Monastery and after lunch, visit Sera Monastery. The Drepung Monastery was once the world's largest monastery housing 10,000 monks. It lies hidden in rocky ridges just 5 km beyond the city of Lhasa. The Sera Monastery, 5 km north of Lhasa, is one of Lhasa's prettiest monasteries and once upon a time sheltered a community of more than 5,000 monks. Overnight at hotel.
Day 06: Lhasa to Gyantse (3,950 mt.)
Drive to Gyantse while crossing over Karo-La (5,010 mt.), Kamba-La (4,794 mt.), the colorful Yamdrok Lake and the Brahmaputra River (Yarlung Tsangpo). Overnight at hotel or guest house. The 260 kms from Lhasa to Gyantse should approximately take five to six hours of driving to traverse.
Day 07: Gyantse to Shigatse (3,900 mt.)
Visit in the morning, the Kumbum Chorten and Pelkor Chode Monastery in the town before driving to Shigatse. Overnight at hotel or guest house. The 90 kms from Gyantse to Shigatse should approximately take two to two and a half hours of driving to traverse.
Day 08: Shigatse to Tingri (4,350 mt.)
In the morning visit, Panchen Lamas’ Tashilhunpo Monastery before driving to Tingri via Gyasto-La (5,220 mt.). At Tingri, one can enjoy the first sight of the world’s tallest mountain, Mt. Everest (8,848 mt). Overnight at hotel or guest house. The 244 kms from Shigatse to Tingri should approximately take five hours of driving to traverse.
Day 09: Tingri to Nyalam (3,700 mt.)
Drive to Nyalam while crossing La Lung-La (5,050 mt.) on the way. Weather permitting, from La Lung-La, you can have breathtaking views of the Himalayan range including Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201 mt.) and Mt. Shisha Pangma (8,012 mt.). Overnight stay at a guest house. The 337 kms from Rongbuk to Nyalam should approximately take seven hours of driving to traverse.
Day 10: Nyalam to Kathmandu via Kodari Border (720 mt.)
Leave early in the morning and drive to the Kodari Border which should take approximately two hours to reach. After completing the immigration formalities, you will then cross the border and drive approximately for four to five hours to reach Kathmandu. Overnight stay in a hotel including a Nepalese cultural programme in the evening and farewell dinner.
Day 11: Kathmandu to Your Port of Destination
Today is the last day of an exhilarating part of your life as you leave Kathmandu. We will transfer you to the international airport and wish you goodbye.
- the above itinerary is a guideline and standard suggested pattern chosen by majority of our customers. Your final itinerary will be customised according to your available time and requirements.
- the final itinerary duration and schedule may be reduced or extend depending on your time, budget, your fitness, class of service or any other preferences. The quote will be provided for you initial requirements and can be adjusted with mutual agreement should you require modifying these requirements.
- For further information please read: How to book Trip in Nepal?
Price for the Trip:
The price for your selected Tour/trekking will vary depending on group size, trip category (bed and breakfast/ full board), your budget, individualised itinerary, accommodation (budget to 5 star), the number of guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer and many other factors. The price range for the same trip can vary widely so if you would like to discuss your requirements with us we will provide you a very competitive price
Please e-mail us for up-to-date prices for Trip
Tibet Group Visa Cost Per Person
|Nationality||Ordinary Cost||Urgent Cost||Top Urgent Cost|
|Europina:||US $ 50.00||US$ 65.00||US$ 85.00|
|American:||US $140.00||US$ 115.00||US$ 175.00|
|Romanian:||US $ 72.00||US$ 82.00||US$ 90.00|
|Servian:||US $ 60.00||US$ 72.00||US$ 85.00|
|Other Nation:||US $ 50.00||US$ 65.00||US$ 85.00|
- Three night's accommodation in Kathmandu 4 star standard Hotel on B/B basic.
- Full board hotel in route to Tibet side (bed & breakfast,)
- Tibet visa, permit & Travel Permit
- All staff during tour (with Experience Tour Guide).
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- 2 days Lhasa sightseeing as well as way to Lhasa
- Above mention staffs daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance
- 4WD 4500 model Japanese Land Curser for transportation in Tibet and support truck for carry food and luggage's.
- Monastery Entrance fee
- Tourist Vehicles available for transportation( Kathmandu – Tatopani )
- Farewell Dinner in before departure.
- Our service charges
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and Dinner in kathmandu
- International Flight Ticket
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required & Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Rescue jeep if some one go back earlier than group due to any reason
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu US$ 50 per person on B/B Basis
- Waki talkies & Filming permit.
- Personal clothes, Sleeping bag, and Down Jacket.
- Re entry, Visa cost.
- Personal nature expenses, equipment & Insurance.
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Tibet Over Land Tour?