Tibet Overland Tour (07 Nights 08 Days)
The first day in the Himalayan kingdom of Nepal will leave you with many impressions: Magnificent Hindu temples, shrines adorned with rich woodcarvings, Buddhist stupas with their white cupolas and the all-seeing eyes of Buddha as well as colorful markets and busy bazaars. After this cultural potpourri, you will drive to Tibet. The first days of sightseeing will acquaint you with the people and their culture and allow time for your acclimatization. The last leg of the trip along the Arniko Highway brings us to Kodari Border where is Nepal Tibet border known for it good views on the central Himalayas. A hike in its vicinity concludes our mountain adventure. Near Tsetang (3400m), you will visit a castle from the first kings of Tibet and have a good view across the fertile Yarlung valley. On the way to Lhasa we will visit the oldest monastery of Tibet, Samye. We have two days sightseeing in Lhasa (3600m), the spiritual and secular center of Tibet. You will see the Potala palace, perched high above the city, the holiest temple Tibet's, the Jokhang, and the Gelugpa monastery of Drepung. Across the vast Tibetan plateau, we drive from Nepal to Tibet and get a good glimpse of the Himalayas and the Trans Himalaya.
The drive leads across passes of more than 5000m with dazzling views of the snow-covered peaks and fluttering prayer flags, we pass the turquoise-colored Lake Yamdrok and Tibetan houses with their flat roofs. In Shigatse and Gyantse visit such important monasteries as Tashilunpo and the Kumbum, rich in sculptures and murals. Among Them lot of place mane focus point of visit is Potala Palace, Norbulinka Palace, Sera Monastery, Depung Monastery, Ganden Monastery, Gyantse, Jokhang Temple and Barkhor market, Sighatse and Tsetang.
- Download & Print
- Previous Groups & Photos
Everest Base Camp and Kalapather Trek -Autumn 2009
We have very much impressed with Mr. Bhandari when we met him in Kathmandu Airport with his personnel and Wel-come us in Nepal with his open heart. We had three wonderful weeks in Nepal with ceramal guide and possessor of Snowy Horizon Treks & Expedition Mr. Rishi Bhandari. We were the first Clients of this company but we never be aware of that Snowy Horizon is newly established Company. We feel proud to describe the experiences owned by ourselves with Mr. Bhandari and his company. We have been trekking Everest base camp area with Mr. Bhandari, which had . .....Read More
Itinerary Details of Tibet Overland Tour
Day 01: Arrival Transfer to Hotel
Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to Hotel (1350m)
Day 02: Rest and prepare day for assignment & briefing.
We provide Sightseeing in Kathmandu Valley ((DurbarSquare, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath)
Day 03: Kathmandu to Nyalam (3,700 mt.) via Kodari Border (720 mt.)
Leave early in the morning and drive to the Kodari Border which is around 109 km away and takes approximately four to five hours to reach. After completing the immigration formalities, you will then cross the border and drive approximately for two hours to reach Nyalam. Overnight stay in a hotel.
Day 04: Nyalam to Tingri (4,350 mt.)
Drive to Tingri while crossing La Lung-La (5,050 mt.) on the way. Weather permitting, from La Lung-La, you can have breathtaking views of the Himalayan range including Mt. Cho Oyu (8,201 mt.) and Mt. Shisha Pangma (8,012 mt.). At Tingri, one can enjoy the first sight of the world’s tallest mountain, Mt. Everest (8,848 mt). Overnight stay at a guest house. The 225 kms from Nyalam to Tingri should approximately take six hours of driving to traverse.
Day 05: Tingri to Shigatse (3,900 mt.)
Drive to Shigatse and cross while driving, Gyasto-La (5,220 mt.), the highest pass en route to Lhasa. Overnight at a guest house. The 244 kms from Tingri to Shigatse should approximately take five hours of driving to traverse.
Day 06: Shigatse to Gyantse (3,950 mt.)
Visit in the morning, Panchen Lamas’ Tashilhunpo Monastery before driving to Gyantse and then visit the Kumbum Chorten and Pelkor Chode Monastery in the town. Overnight at hotel or guest house. The 90 kms from Shigatse to Gyantse should approximately take two to two and a half hours of driving to traverse.
Day 07: Gyantse to Lhasa (3,650 mt.)
Drive to Lhasa while crossing over Karo-La (5,010 mt.), Kamba-La (4,794 mt.), the colorful Yamdrok Lake and the Brahmaputra River (Yarlung Tsangpo). Overnight at hotel. The 260 kms from Gyantse to Lhasa should approximately take five to six hours of driving to traverse.
Day 08: Sightseeing in and around Lhasa
Visit Sera Monastery, Norbulingka, Jokhang Monastery and Barkhor Market. The Sera Monastery, 5 km north of Lhasa, is one of Lhasa's prettiest monasteries and once upon a time sheltered a community of more than 5,000 monks. Norbulingka, the erstwhile summer palace of Dalai Lama meaning ‘Jewel Park', is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and covers an area of around 3,60,000 sq. mt. making it the largest man-made garden in Tibet. Jokhang Monastery, situated in the heart of Old Lhasa, houses Tibet's most precious religious relic, a golden Sakyamuni Buddha which was brought as a gift by the Chinese Princess Wencheng on the occasion of her wedding to the Tibetan King, Songtsen Gampo. Overnight at hotel.
Day 09: Sightseeing in and around Lhasa
Visit Potala Palace and Drepung Monastery. The Potala Palace, the erstwhile home of the Dalai Lama, was built in 637 AD atop a single hill by the Tibetan king, Songtsen Gampo. The Drepung Monastery was once the world's largest monastery housing 10,000 monks. It lies hidden in rocky ridges just 5 km beyond the city of Lhasa. Overnight at hotel in Lhasa.
Day 10: Lhasa to Kathmandu
Fly to Kathmandu and transfer to a hotel. Overnight stay in a hotel including a Nepalese cultural programme in the evening and farewell dinner.
Day 11: Kathmandu to Your Port of Destination
Today is the last day of an exhilarating part of your life as you leave Kathmandu. We will transfer you to the international airport and wish you goodbye.
- the above itinerary is a guideline and standard suggested pattern chosen by majority of our customers. Your final itinerary will be customised according to your available time and requirements.
- the final itinerary duration and schedule may be reduced or extend depending on your time, budget, your fitness, class of service or any other preferences. The quote will be provided for you initial requirements and can be adjusted with mutual agreement should you require modifying these requirements.
- For further information please read: How to book Trip in Nepal?
Price for the Trip:
The price for your selected Tour/trekking will vary depending on group size, trip category (bed and breakfast/ full board), your budget, individualised itinerary, accommodation (budget to 5 star), the number of guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer and many other factors. The price range for the same trip can vary widely so if you would like to discuss your requirements with us we will provide you a very competitive price
Please e-mail us for up-to-date prices for Trip
Tibet Group Visa Cost Per Person
|Nationality||Ordinary Cost||Urgent Cost||Top Urgent Cost|
|Europina:||US $ 50.00||US$ 65.00||US$ 85.00|
|American:||US $140.00||US$ 115.00||US$ 175.00|
|Romanian:||US $ 72.00||US$ 82.00||US$ 90.00|
|Servian:||US $ 60.00||US$ 72.00||US$ 85.00|
|Other Nation:||US $ 50.00||US$ 65.00||US$ 85.00|
- Three night's accommodation in Kathmandu 4 star standard Hotel on B/B basic.
- Full board hotel in route to Tibet side (bed & breakfast,)
- Tibet visa, permit & Travel Permit
- All staff during tour (with Experience Tour Guide).
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- 2 days Lhasa sightseeing as well as way to Lhasa
- Above mention staffs daily wages, equipment allowance & Insurance
- 4WD 4500 model Japanese Land Curser for transportation in Tibet and support truck for carry food and luggage's.
- Monastery Entrance fee
- Tourist Vehicles available for transportation( Kathmandu – Tatopani )
- Farewell Dinner in before departure.
- Our service charges
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and Dinner in kathmandu
- International Flight Ticket
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required & Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Rescue jeep if some one go back earlier than group due to any reason
- Extra night Hotel in Kathmandu US$ 50 per person on B/B Basis
- Waki talkies & Filming permit.
- Personal clothes, Sleeping bag, and Down Jacket.
- Re entry, Visa cost.
- Personal nature expenses, equipment & Insurance.
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Tibet Over Land Tour?