Upper Mustang Trek ( 20 days)
Upper Mustang, the hidden kingdom of Nepal on the other side of Annapurna and Dhaulagiri Himalaya Range. The North-West part of Pokhara Valley is known as Mustang and the upper part of Mustang district begins from Kagbeni up to China Tibet border including Lo-Manthang Valley is known as Upper Mustang.
Upper Mustang trek is wonderful journey to a sacred area of Nepal and is used to be a Kingdom of Bhote/Thakali community until Nepal is declared a newest secular and Republican Country in 2008. Lo-Manthang was the capital of Ex. Mustang Kingdom. Below Muktinath and Kagbeni up to Ghasa along to Kaligandaki Valley of Mustang is known as Lower Mustang as Mustang is divided into two parts. Trekking to the upper part along the sacred valleys and passes in the desert restricted area with very thin habitat area from Kagbeni up to Lo Manthang is known as Upper Mustang Trekking.
The lower part of mustang is open to everyone for normal trekking to Muktinath, Jomsom and Annapurna circuit. However, Upper Mustang is still restricted area for trekking. To get a permit to trek Upper Mustang you need to apply for a special permit with the Government of Nepal, Ministry of Home, Immigration department paying minimum of US$ 500.00 per person for 10 days and 2 persons of group size.
The Upper Mustang Area is restricted because the historical and religious monuments and the natural and geographical diversity are supposed to be protected as their importance which is more essential for the nation. Snowy Horizon had organized several Teahouses and group camping trekking in the Upper Mustang Area which lies in the North West part of Western Region in Nepal beginning from Pokhara-Jomsom flight or overland Journey by 4wd.
Upper Mustang trekking can be organized both of Teahouse and Camping trek. On a Tea House trek, Snowy Horizon arranges you to sleep in tea house/lodge. Our staff includes a guide-cook and porter to carry all your trekking gear with required horses or jeep driving as per itinerary.
When we were in Nepal in 2008 for island peak climbing Mr. Rishi was with us as our Expedition Manager. We are really proud with him that this times to found him as a Managing Director of Snowy Horizon Treks and Expedition.
We would like to thank Mr Rishi for this incredible experience, we highly recommend his company and guide who would link to Use any Mountaineering activities in Nepal.We were on a trek Annapurna Circuit with Guru Tirpathi as the guide. Guru was very much on top of things right ..........Read More
Itinerary Details of Upper Mustang Trek
Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu Airport and transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Drive from Kathmandu to Pokhara (914m.) which takes approximately six hours. You can also fly from Kathmandu to Pokhara, which takes about 25 minutes.
Day 03: Early in the morning fly from Pokhara (915m) to Jomsom (2760m) it takes arbout 20minutes And then trek to Kagbeni(3800m) Which takes approximately four hours.
Day 04: Trek from Kagbeni to Muktinath (3800m), This takes approximately Four hours.
Day 05: Trek from Muktinath to Chuksang (2980m.) via Tangbe.This takes approximately seven hours.
Day 06: Trek from Chuksang to Samar (3660m) via Taklam La and Taklam Dajori La. this takes approximately four and half hours.
Day 07: Trek from Samar to Geling (3510m), via Soi pass (3860m) which takes approximately five hours.
Day 08: Trek from Giling to Ghami (3520m) via Nyi la Pass (4010m), which takes approximately five hours.
Day 09: Trek from Ghami to Charang Tsarang (3560m),via Chilgel,choya pass. This takes approximately five hours.
Day 10: Trek from Tsarang to Lo-Manthang (Mustang) (3809m), via sungdala,.
Day 11: Rest day in Lo-Manthang(Mustang)and explore the fascinating city of Lo Manthang
Day 12: Trek from Lo-Manthang to Ghami(3520m) via Charang , which takes which takes approximately five hours.
Day 13: Trek from Ghami to Chhusang (2980m) via Soi Pass. This takes approximately six hours.
Day 14: Trek from Chuksang to Muktinath (3760m), which takes approximately six hours.
Day 15:Trek from Muktinath to Jomsom via Kagbeni (2895 m.) and it takes approximately five hours.
Day16:Fly from Jomsom to Pokhara, which takes about 20 minutes.The flight is only early in the morning and full day rest in Pokhara.
Day 17: Drive from Pokhara to Kathmandu by tourist mini bus that takes about seven hours. You can also fly from Pokhara to Kathmandu which takes approximately 25 minutes
Day 18: Leisure day and shopping in Kathmandu.
Day19: Full Day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley (DurbarSquare, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath) and Nepalese cultural program with farewell dinner in the evening.
Day 20: Final departure ,or alternative Join other activities
Price for the Trip:
- The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
- pick up and drop from Kathmandu airport to airport .
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) during the trek.
- Full board Accommodation of Lodges, Guesthouses in Twin Sharing Bases during the trek
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) for Shey PhoksundoNational park and Annapurna Conservation Area.
- Special Permit for National Park entry for Upper Mustang
- TIMS card(Trekking Information Management System) Permit
- Necessary staff during the trekking period With Experience Guide and Porter.
- Flight ticket From Pokhara-Jomsom- Pokhara and Pokhara Kathmandu
- 20 Kg Luggage free Per Person during the trekking.
- Complete camping /Trekking equipment for trekking.
- Trekking porter carry all personal gear and group equipment
- Dining tent, toilet tent, table and chares, Mattresses are avilable Sharing with other member.
- Two member has one tent for camping during trekking period
- Surface transportation will be available as per itinerary.
- An Experienced Government license holder Trekking guide trained in wilderness first aid.
- Facility of Food, accommodation, salary, insurance, equipment and medicine for all trekking staff.
- Group medical supplies (First Aid medical kit will be available)
- One nights Hotel in Pokhara on bed and breakfast
- English speaking Tour guide for Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing tour by private car / van.
- Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes
- complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and extend visa service(if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt, Pashmina )
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu and Pokhara.
- Emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Personal accident insurance or Helicopter rescue.
- Airfare international flights
- Nepal entry visa fee, Visa issuance is easy at the arrival
- Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks, hot water
- Alcoholic beverages, Mineral water, laundry, phone calls, internets.
- All kind of Personal Expencess
- Any others expenses which are not mentioned on Price Includes section
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
Please read this Rule and regulation that How to Book Upper Mustang trek?