Yala Peak Climbing (5,732m)- Spring 2014
Yala Peak (5732m) is one of Nepal's easier trekking peaks; it is just a simple scrambling with 700m elevation on the summit day averaging 22deg with 200m section of 40deg. It is a perfect peak accessible to a trekker without any climbing experience, who wishes to spice-up the trekking in Langtang with a spectacular summit view of Langtang Range peaks as well as Shishapangma, the only 8000m peak situated wholly within Tibet just 20km from Yala Peak.
Yala Peak is located in Langtang range directly north of Kathmandu within 9hrs drive from Kathmandu to the trailhead at Syaphrubesi. The drive is very spectacular itself along the Trishuli River gorges, with great views from the tops of many high points on the road.
The trek commences with farmland, villages and forest of Rhododendron, conifer, bamboos, oaks and pines. During the spring forest looks enchanting with flowers all around. After passing this magic scenery we follow the narrow gorge of Langtang River till we ascend to the large alpine grass land of Kyanjin Gumba (3800m) where the glacier meets the meadow. You can see Yaks grazing with the backdrops of snowy peaks of Langtang Ri, Langtang Lirung (7246m.), Dorjee Lakpa and many other unnamed mountains around you. This trek enables you to explore the Langtang National Park the home of Tibetan looking people, the Tamangs.
After acclimatizing break in Kyanjin Gumba and exploring the glacier, we hike to the Base Camp (4800m) located at the base of the Yala Peak summit. The summit climb requires only 700m of elevation gain consisting of non technical scramble with no objective danger. After trekking for 6 days we will have a solid acclimatization for safe climb to the elevation of 5500m.
Snowy Horizon was contracted by my climbing team this fall. I climbed and use Snowy Horizon Service in Shishapangma Expedition and Yala and Naya Kanga peak. The whole crew worked extremely diligent on the mountain, did every job at their best effort and the highest quality. After the climbing trip, for some reason, I had to stay in Nepal alone for several days and had a lot of trouble with visa and airlines. ...............Read More
Itinerary A:Yala Peak Climbing - Spring 2014
Apr24/Day 01: Arrival in Kathmandu airport and Hotel transfer;
Apr25/Day 02: We meet all other expedition members and the leader, conduct initial briefing and preparations and we will have an opportunity to do last minute shopping in Kathmandu
Apr26/Day 03: We take 9hrs a scenic drive from Kathmandu along Trishuli River Valley to Sybrubensi(1503m) North of Kathmandu via Dhunche village; teahouse accommodation.
Apr27/Day 04: We trek 5hrs from Sybrubensi to Lama Hotel (2410m); we will walk along the Bhote Koshi and Langtang Khola via Bamboo, wich is famous for red Panda; teahouse accommodation.
Apr28/Day 05: We trek 6hrs from Lama Hotel to Langtang(3430m) via Ghodatabela. At Ghodatabela (3000m), the trail emerges from the forest; teahouse accommodation.
Apr29/Day 06: We trek 5.5hrs from Lantang to Kyanjin Gumba (3830m); we should arrive at Kyanjin at lunchtime, giving us time to acclimatize and explore the area; teahouse accommodation.
Apr30/Day 07: We take acclimatizing rest at Kyanjin Gumba and visit visit the monastery and the cheese factory, walk up glaciers of Langtang Lirung or ascend Kyangjin Ri (4350m.) behind the village for a breathtaking panorama of the Langtang peaks; teahouse accommodation.
May01/Day 08: We trek 7hrs from Kyanjin Gumba to Yala Peak Base Camp (4800m).
May02/Day 09: Early in the morning after breakfast we take 6hrs Yala Peak summit trek and return to base camp (4800m).
May03/Day 10: We trek 5hrs from Yala Peak Base Camp to Kyanjin Gumba(3830m); teahouse accommodation.
May05/Day 11: We trek 4hrs from Kyanjin Gumba to Lama Hotel (2410m); teahouse accommodation
May06/Day 12: We trek 6hrs from Lama Hotel to Syaphrubesi(1600m) via Sherpagaon, a hydropower project with Chilime Hydropower Power Plant. The main inhabitants of this area belong to the Tamang community.
May07/Day 13: From Syabru Besi we drive for 8hrs to Kathmandu (1350m) by bus or car and transfer to hotel.
May08/Day 14: Full Day sightseeing in Kathmandu valley (Durbar Square, Swoyambhunath, Boudhanath & Pashupatinath); Farewell-Celebration dinner in the evening.
May09/Day 15: Transfer to the airport for final departure or alternatively join other activities
Spring Yala Peak Climbing Schedule
|Day||Itinerary Activities||Itinerary "B"||Itinerary "C"||Itinerary "D"|
|01:||Arrival/Hotel Transfer||Mar 29||APR 14||APR 24|
|02:||Briefings, Preparations||MAR 30||APR 15||APR 25|
|03-15:||Trek/Climbing Period||APR 01- APR10||APR 16 - 26||APR 26- 06 MAY|
|16:||Drive Syabrubesi Kathmandu||APR 11||APR 27||MAY 07|
|17:||Sightseeing/Leisure KTM||APR 12||APR 27||MAY 08|
|18:||Final departure||APR 13||APR 27||MAY 09|
|book Now||book Now||book Now|
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern, which we provide you. This Climbing/Expedition itinerary can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities (service) could be deducted and additional activities (service) could be added as per mutual understanding.
- Please Read Our Conditions: How to Book Yala Peak Climbing?
Price For the Trip:
- The cost of the peak/mountain Expedition depend group size, Category of the trip (full board / base camp Service), your desire (budget), Duration of the trip, categories of Hotel accommodation (budget to 5 star) in Capital city and parts of mountain, Climbing service above the base camp, the number of climbing guides and porters, kitchen crew, mode of transport you prefer will direct affect and same peak/ mountain climbing expedition can be higher and lower prices.
- For those reason Please mail us for up to date prices for Yala Peak Climbing
- All arrival and departure transfer services to and from Airport both Domestic and International with other necessary surface transport as per itinerary.
- Assistance at the International airport by Snowy Horizon’s representative while arriving and departing.
- 4 Nights accommodations at 3/4 Star hotels in Kathmandu on B/B basis.
- One day sightseeing in Kathmandu (Swayambhunath, Pashupatinath, Boudhnath and Durbar Square).
- Local English-speaking Guide for sightseeing in Kathmandu.
- Necessary staffs including experienced guides and porters during the trekking and climbing.
- Private surface transportation from Kathmandu- Sybrubensi-Kathmandu
- All trekking and camping equipments like camp furniture, kitchenware, dining tents, guest tents, etc.
- 3 meals a day (Breakfasts, Lunch and Dinners with tea or coffee) along with available accommodation at Hotel/Lodge/Guest Houses or tents for members and staffs during trek and climbing in twin sharing basis.
- Per person 30kg baggage allowance during trekking-up carrying by porter or Yak and 20kg baggage allowance while returning from Base Camp after climbing the peak.
- Trekking Permit (National Park entry fee) and TIMS card (Trekking Information Management System)
- Climbing permit for Yala Peak(5732m).
- Required Experienced, Trained and Government Licensed Climbing Guide(s) during Climbing Period as per the size of group.
- All wages, equipments, medical and accidental Insurances for all involved staffs.
- First Aid medical kits for the Group and the staffs.
- Satellite phone carrying by Guide for communication and available for members with the cost of US$ 4 per minute call.
- Appropriate food for high altitude and all climbing crew at base camp and above as required.
- Required fixed and dynamic rope during climbing period.
- Emergency Oxygen and mask regulator.
- All necessary paper works, office Service charge and Government Taxes levied in Nepal
- Complete pre-departure information, flight ticket reconfirmation and visa extension procedure services (if necessary)
- Farewell Dinner in a typical Nepali restaurant with domestic culture show in Kathmandu before departure.
- Snowy Horizon Special Gifts (T-shirt/Pashmina etc.)
- Our service Charges
- Lunch and Dinner during your stay in Kathmandu (except farewell dinner)
- Any packed food/snacks, aerated drinks, energy drinks, mineral water, alcohol, cigarettes, chocolates, nutria-bars
- Items of personal nature, Laundry Expenses, Tips
- Expenses incurred towards usage of landlines, mobiles, walkie-talkies or satellite phones And Internet expenses
- Clothing, Packing Items or Bags, Personal Medical Kit, Personal Trekking Gears
- Any extra services or products or offers or activities which are not mentioned in the itinerary
- Any extra expenses arising out of various/unforeseen situations like natural calamities, landslides, political disturbances, strikes, changes in Government regulations,
- Any additional staff other than specified.
- Rescue, Repatriation, Medicines, Medical Tests and Hospitalization expenses.
- Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators. Though Snowy will provide the same, usage of Oxygen Cylinders, Masks, Hoses and Regulators will be charged extra
- Medical Insurance and emergency rescue evacuation if required.
- Travel Insurance and helicopter rescue.
- Airfare of international flights.
- Nepal entry visa fee (Visa issuance is easy at the arrival)
- Ice fall Garbage Deposit fees (Sharing with other member) if applicable.
- Wake talkies & Filming permit.
- Tips, gifts, souvenirs.
- Any other item not included in “THE PACKAGE COST INCLUDES” SECTION