Yoga and Meditation in Nepal
Snowy horizon treks and expedition conducts the Yoga/Meditation program for our clients who interest to be efficient and strong from the mind in their professional field, life-style, daily activities, by balancing in their hand/heart and head (mind). Actually those people who are advanced in physical facilities, most of them are far from cultural/spiritual (inner) values. This crux of problems needs to solve by attaining Yoga/Meditation course so as to strengthen them in uniform direction in hand, head and heart.
Poon Hill trip with a difference 13 February 2011
I have climbed many mountains and travelled many exotic destinations. This was one of my most memorable experiences ever. While working in Kathmandu Rishi organized the trip to Poon Hill. The trip to Poon Hill as such is not a big deal nowadays with easy access to the trailhead by public transport and numerous facilities along the trek. No surprise as it is probably one of the .....Read More
Vipassana is one of the most ancient techniques. Long lost to people, it was rediscovered by Gautam Buddha more than 2500 years ago. Vipassana means 'to see things as they really are'. It is an art of living which frees the individual from all the negativities of mind, such as anger, greed and ignorance. It is a practice which develops positive, creative energy for the betterment of the individual and society.
The path (Dhamma) is a universal remedy for universal problems and has nothing to do with any religion. It can be practiced freely by anyone without conflict with race, caste or religion, in any place, and at any time and it will prove beneficial to everyone.
Buddhist meditation at Kopan monastery:
Kopan Monastery offers short residential courses in Buddhist meditation and practice throughout the year. These courses give a theoretical and practical introduction to Buddhist philosophy of the Tibetan Mahayana Tradition. They are based on one of the principal teachings of this tradition called 'The Graded Path to Enlightenment' (Lam Rim).
The courses combine lectures and teachings with meditation practice and discussion of relevant topics in a more informal way. A three day retreat with intensive guided meditation on the Graded Path to Enlightenment follows the course. The course is led by a Western nun with daily teachings from a Tibetan Lama, combining two styles of transmission of this precious knowledge on how to make life meaningful and worthwhile
Osho Tapoban lies in the western side of Kathmandu. It is about twelve kilometers from Tribhuwan International Airport, about ten kilometers from Kathmandu city center and six kilometers from Balaju New Bus Park. Osho Tapoban is the place to be, the place where one can get inner peace, explore yourself in a meditative environment and a place that will remain in your heart for ever and you won't afford to miss this place.
Love is not enough, awareness is needed. If love is there without awareness it becomes imprisonment and if love is there with awareness it becomes a freedom.
Yoga = 'Unity', 'Oneness'. Came from the Sanskrit word "YOG" which means "TO JOIN". To many, the thought of yoga has an image of postures (Asanas) to develop flexibility, general body health and awareness. This is just the beginning. While the main point is to reach the highest goal of the spiritual path, practicing yoga can give benefits to everyone regardless to their spiritual aims.
The Eight Fold Path of Yoga looks deeply into the morality of living. It consists of: Yama (self restraints), Niyama (self observances) Asana, Pranayama (breath techniques), Pratyhara (withdrawal of the senses), Dharana (concentration), Dhyana (meditation) and Samadhi (identification with pure consciousness).
There is an inter-relationship between yoga and meditation and you can decide to focus more on either one or both together. The Himalayas have played a big role in self realization. It's isolation from the world and ideal environment makes Nepal an ideal place to practice yoga.
Flexible Programs for groups and individuals according to your interests and needs a personalized program will be given with focus on, and drawing from any of the topics below:
- Yoga for Beginners (Introduction to Foundation Practices),
- Yoga for General Health and Happiness,
- Yoga for Releasing Mental and Emotional Tension,
- Yoga for Physical, Mental and Emotional Relaxation,
- Yoga for the Trekkers and Hikers,
- Yogic Practices for the Preparation of Meditation Postures,
- Meditations from the Tantras,Yogic Technique of Solar Revitalization,
- Yogic Way of Balancing and Harmonizing Solar and Lunar Energies,
- Yogic View on Human Biological Clock and Its Effects on Digestive System,
- Yogic Diet - What to Eat, When to Eat and How Much to Eat,
- Yogic Shatkarma (the Cleansing Practices),
- Yogic Breathing Techniques (Pranayamas),
- Yogic Mudras and Bandhas (the Psychic Gestures and Locks),
- Therapeutic Application of Yoga (both Curative and Preventive),
- Yoga for Self-development and Spiritual Growth,
- Yogic Way of Life - The Wholistic Principle of Harmony and Unification.
Cost for the Trip:
- The cost of the Trip depend group size, Category of the trip and your desire (budget)
- The above itinerary is a guideline and standard pattern which we provide you. This trekking can be modified according to your time and requirements.
- The Itinerary may be changed after understanding by both agency and client. Additional activities could be added or reduce as per client's request before confirming the trip. Price for reduced activities could be deducted and additional activities could be added as per mutual understanding.
- The itinerary mentioned above is published from Airport to Airport services for the betterment of the client. Due to various categories Hotel facilities in the Capital City they may choice for their own and if required through us, we provide the facilities Also.
- The cost also affect the number of guides and porters
- For these reasons the same trek can higher and lower price.
Please note that yoga classes are offered by appointment only. Time Table:
Morning (AM) 7:00 - 8:30, 8:30 - 10:00
Evening (PM) 2:00 - 3:30, 3:30 - 5:00
For further information, please contact us